Bald tyres in the case of non fault claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first post, wish it was a happier subject and really hope ther are some answers

I had a collision on sunday with a car coming into my lane with locked brakes trying to avoide the car infront of them.

I had to mount the kerb to aviod a head on. resulting in a bust passenger wheel and a right off due to the oncoming car taking my drivers side out from front wheel arch to back wheel arch.

On further inspection, it has come to light that both my front tyres are bald on the inside but not down to the meshing. i'm not sure if it is within the 12.5% legal limit. the rest of the tyres are over 1.6.

Now, as the claim is not my fault, and i have a witness. What stance could my insurance company take in regard to the tyres? Will my insurance be void? and therefore, no claim upheald against the motorist who drove into me.

Any help would be greatly recieved. thank you very much

if the tyres did not contribute to the accident in anyway then it should be regarded as a separate matter. However I've no doubt that if they find out about the tyres then they are likely to try and leverage against you. You will have to be more persistent.

You should also not drive with your vehicle in unroadworthy condition

if the tyres did not contribute to the accident in anyway then it should be regarded as a separate matter. However I've no doubt that if they find out about the tyres then they are likely to try and leverage against you. You will have to be more persistent.

You should also not drive with your vehicle in unroadworthy condition

i completly agree. and i am fully to blame in that respect due to not checking the inner tread when checking the middle with a ten pence piece. And nievety is not an excuse