international car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father in law has a relative (ilegal inmigrant), this one has bough a car and he needs an insurance.

Mi father in law will be the first driver an the ilegal the second (that it is not the truth).

Mi question is What will be happen in case of a big accident?: because they are lying.

The insurance will not pay anything, but what will happen with my father in law?

Presumably the illegal immigrant does not hold a UK driving licence?

If that's the case then any insurance will be void. If you lie to the insurer about who the main driver is then your insurance will be void.

How would you feel if you were injured or a member of your family killed by an illegal un-insured driver?

Your father in law also faces a fine or jail sentence if found guilty of the offences he commits in aiding and abetting, fraud etc etc.

Worst case scenario is your fatyher in law gets send to jail and the illegal immigrant gets deported after serving jail time (come to think of it that's not exactly a worst case scenario though)

Mossy

Presumably the illegal immigrant does not hold a UK driving licence?

If that's the case then any insurance will be void. If you lie to the insurer about who the main driver is then your insurance will be void.

How would you feel if you were injured or a member of your family killed by an illegal un-insured driver?

Your father in law also faces a fine or jail sentence if found guilty of the offences he commits in aiding and abetting, fraud etc etc.

Worst case scenario is your fatyher in law gets send to jail and the illegal immigrant gets deported after serving jail time (come to think of it that's not exactly a worst case scenario though)

Mossy

the ilegal inmigrant have international driving licence , and you are right they should not buy a car, because if something happen the insurance will not pay anything.

But the question is who is responsible to pay for the damages in case of accident.

The person who was driving is responsible for paying for the damage, however if it can be shown that others assisted him (ie father in law) then he could also be sued. In cases like this if he has no money, but owns property or goods they would be seized and sold to pay the debt.

It's not worth taking the risk

Mossy

I will provide some advice.... as soon as the authorities are informed of the illegal immigrant and said immigrant surrenders his license and agrees not to drive a car.

Sorry, but I do not think it correct to ask advice for the committal of an offence.

I will provide some advice.... as soon as the authorities are informed of the illegal immigrant and said immigrant surrenders his license and agrees not to drive a car.

Sorry, but I do not think it correct to ask advice for the committal of an offence.

Totally agree with that sentiment

Mossy

• Haha 1