Revoked my licence on medical grounds/ appeal help plz

wulliamwallace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, At the start of last year i was attacked trying to stop a gang from stealing my car, the assault left me with a serious head injury including a subachranoid brain haemorrhage, after a few months i started driving again with no problems on that side at all also ive had no siezures or fits since the assault.

I was told by my gp i was ok to drive but my neuro pyscholigist pressured me into telling dvla as it was her duty to do so also.

So i informed the dvla and was told to resit my cat b driving test, which i did and failed, reasons going to slow through country roads (national speed limit) and hesitating at roundabouts, these i admit were silly fails as roadworks at start of country put me off and i decided to play safe at 30 mph, same with roundabouts had a moment where i stopped instead of going straight through. The nerves and dependency of my licence got to me.

Anyways i now have recieved a letter revoking my licence, i have to apply for a provisional disability licence and then re-apply in 3 months with medical backup and lessons, or appeal and take them to a sheriff court within 21 days, they have not explained the appeal procedure and when i asked for exact reasons for revoke she said "sorry i cant read the writing".

Can someone please tell me what my rights are and what shall i do ? Is there a chance ill win against them at court ?

I need my car to get around as the attack has left me traumatized and afraid to use public transport.

I'm assuming you live in Scotland? I've only been present in court where a similar case, and the DVLA didn't turn up the case was abandoned and the DVLA ordered to restore the licence.

Apart from that, I can't offer any other insights - other than don't expect to represent yourself in court and win. You need someone who knows the rules to fight your side, as if the solicitor acting for the DVLA actually turned up, the pursuer would most likely have lost.

It's a shame they cannot provide representation - you don't have any legal cover within your House Insurance policy? A Scottish-based motoring solicitor would know all the wrinkles, and could help in preventing a needless additional expense of sitting the test again - but you have to appreciate that for things like blackouts and/or loss of concentration it is vital to medical support. Another factor to remember is under the disclosure rules, you may find your insurance premiums may go through the roof, irrespective of whether your licence is ultimately affected.

• 2 years later...

thread closed

3 years old

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks