Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
Closed Thread
    Basic Account Holder wulliamwallace Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2009

Angry Revoked my licence on medical grounds/ appeal help plz

Hi, At the start of last year i was attacked trying to stop a gang from stealing my car, the assault left me with a serious head injury including a subachranoid brain haemorrhage, after a few months i started driving again with no problems on that side at all also ive had no siezures or fits since the assault.
    I was told by my gp i was ok to drive but my neuro pyscholigist pressured me into telling dvla as it was her duty to do so also.
    So i informed the dvla and was told to resit my cat b driving test, which i did and failed, reasons going to slow through country roads (national speed limit) and hesitating at roundabouts, these i admit were silly fails as roadworks at start of country put me off and i decided to play safe at 30 mph, same with roundabouts had a moment where i stopped instead of going straight through. The nerves and dependency of my licence got to me.
    Anyways i now have recieved a letter revoking my licence, i have to apply for a provisional disability licence and then re-apply in 3 months with medical backup and lessons, or appeal and take them to a sheriff court within 21 days, they have not explained the appeal procedure and when i asked for exact reasons for revoke she said "sorry i cant read the writing".

Can someone please tell me what my rights are and what shall i do ? Is there a chance ill win against them at court ?

I need my car to get around as the attack has left me traumatized and afraid to use public transport.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

Default Re: Revoked my licence on medical grounds/ appeal help plz

I'm assuming you live in Scotland? I've only been present in court where a similar case, and the DVLA didn't turn up the case was abandoned and the DVLA ordered to restore the licence.

Apart from that, I can't offer any other insights - other than don't expect to represent yourself in court and win. You need someone who knows the rules to fight your side, as if the solicitor acting for the DVLA actually turned up, the pursuer would most likely have lost.

Cagger since
    May 2009

aye im in scotland, im going to try cab this week for some advice.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby Highly informative buzby's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    Scotland

It's a shame they cannot provide representation - you don't have any legal cover within your House Insurance policy? A Scottish-based motoring solicitor would know all the wrinkles, and could help in preventing a needless additional expense of sitting the test again - but you have to appreciate that for things like blackouts and/or loss of concentration it is vital to medical support. Another factor to remember is under the disclosure rules, you may find your insurance premiums may go through the roof, irrespective of whether your licence is ultimately affected.

Cagger since
    May 2009

Cheers buzby, im still having trouble getting the correct information from the dvla and the back-up from my docs.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

thread closed

3 years old

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE