Natwest withholding funds

Jack Johnson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, not sure if im in the correct place but I have a question as follows......

A friend of mine transferred a large amount of currency from an offshore foreign currency holding account to his personal Natwest bank account. This raised a red flag with the bank and led to the transfer being held up by the bank and looked into by their investigations department. (standard procedure supposedly)

Natwest then asked for documentary evidence that then money is legit which my friend therefore provided. It has now been 6 or 7 weeks and the bank wont give any more information other than " its being dealt with". After 3 meetings no one in the whole bank seems to be able to give a definitive answer as to why the money isnt forthcoming or when it will be .:mad:

I find the whole situation ridiculous and bizarre to say the least, and if this is the way UK banks treat their customers then its a disgrace and and its bordering on criminal behaviour in my opinion.

So anyway my question is.. " Is this considered "normal" practice in the UK, the time involved and the difficulty getting information ? " Are people just expected to put up and shut up as the bank takes its merry old time processing what should seemingly be such a simple thing? "

The frustrating thing is the "dont call us, we'll call you " attitude along with the sheer arrogance that is so annoying.

Any ideas or similar experiences would help. Thanks in advance .

• 7 years later...

My girlfriend recently opened an account with Nat West after barclays consistent overcharging while closing local branch's and thier horrendous hi-tec face-lift leaving all customers alienated and feeling powerless. Anyway we fell for the new look nat west spiel and she opened an account. Two weeks in and today she had a crisis and desperately needed £850,a life and death situation. I immediately deposited the monies into her nat west account via my local nat west branch, crisis over? NO NO in thier infinitive wisdom nat west decide to witholding my money sent to her within minutes of it entering her account until she could provide evidence of where it had come from???? Jesus's wept,What? I kid you not these thieving hoarders stole our money until we could satisfy thier MI5 ring fenced curiosity,while accruing interest by the minute. If you feel this is fair game in this time of breadline Britain you deserve all you get or already work for the penny grabbing police state were once a proper bank for people by people Nat West. Get a grip you power crazy but wipers and pen pushers, we shall never step in your bank ever again!!!!!!

We are already aware and have been for decades Leon.....hence our recommendation to change banks (and anything connected to RBS) at the first opportunity.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread