Rogue company Parking Control Management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Patrick Troy, chief executive of the BPA, said that a member of staff would be visiting PCM to check that it was complying with the code. He said the BPA preferred to work with member companies and give them the chance to change their practices rather than fining or expelling them.

It's a pity the BPA members don't prefer to apply a similar approach to people alledgedly misusing a car park instead of fining or expelling them (banning them returning) for these apparent misdemenours! :D

Mr King said that motorists ticketed or clamped on private land should have the same right of appeal to an independent body as drivers who were fined for parking offences on public roads.

King's missing the point entirely. How can there be an appeals process? It would mean overturning centuries of contract law.

Mr King's organisation is an insurance company-sponsored former 'motoring' organisation with no members. That said, it is interesting that they are only commenting on those situations where you are a victim of extortion - you don't get YOUR property back unless you pay money to the people who took your vehicle.

Since clamping in Scotland was outlawed on the basis of it 'depriving the car owner of the full enjoyment of his purchase', this has the added benefit of stopping firms lifting vehicles from private property, as the same situation occurs. This just leaves Scottish drivers with the prospect of private tickets, and we all know how to deal with those. :)

• 4 months later...

hi there, I dont know if this threads a wee bit old now but I am about to have a legal tussle with these lot!

Funny though because PCM ltd went under a few years ago and miraculously PCM UK Ltd appeared. The latter has also now in liquidation but still trading in the same manner.

Coincidence or just a jinxed company name maybe?

They will be my little warm up court case before i tackle far bigger banks ;-)

Can you tell me how you know they have gone under? I ask as their website has now gone down and I'm trying to pursue them for a fine settlement. Cheers:grin:

Companies house website contain details of insolvent companies and those in a Company Voluntary Arrangement, but be totally sure you look for the correct company. Often a company goes under with big debts then reopens under a near identical name and carries on again:mad: Also the insolvency service might have a record too.

Just for the record:

Parking control management limited is insolvent and shouldnt be trading at all.

Parking control management uk limited is in a CVA and still trading

pcm-uk.co.uk is live but empty, but they are hiding their address which is a breach of the law i believe (but dont ask me which one off the top of my head)

Aha, Lamma thats the one.

Interestingly its an offence to make the company address invisble like this punishable by a level 3 fine.

Im sure they have been trading for at least a couple of years so the fact the website is still under construction suggests they have committed the offence under S7(2)© for years on end :eek:

Curiously under S9 they must reveal their address if you write to them.... err but to what address does one write to?!?!

It's a pity the BPA members don't prefer to apply a similar approach to people alledgedly misusing a car park instead of fining or expelling them (banning them returning) for these apparent misdemenours! :D

In short BPAs business model is licencing out their logo. nothing more.

Intrisically voluntary 'regulators' cant work because they cant punish their 'customers' who pay to licence their logo who would just threaten un-join their membership. They are also often set up by industry insiders to pretend legitimacy to their conduct.

They did have a fully functioning website a few weeks back which made them look like an A1 firm. ISO badges, BPA logos, plus others. Does anyone know when they entered a CVA?

I cant remember off the top of my head, but it may be a year or so ago- companies house website Im sure says if you hunt around. The firm overseeing their CVA is the same firm who was the administrator of the predecessor company would you believe.

Looking at the BPA website I do wonder what the link between the two are as it maybe more than just association and member relationship....but who knows for now :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever corresponding with PCM UK and how did they respond?

• 1 month later...

I got nowhere with them, and now that they're in a CVA there does not seem much point taking them to the small claims court, chances of a refund, nill...

Never use private car parks, lesson learnt! especially those operated by this firm, although they'll probably be changing their name again at some point soon

• 3 years later...

This company behave like hooligans, I have seen them clamping aggressively in the past, now clamping is being outlawed their revenue is diminished and they are under financial pressure.

I hope Mr Ian Cordingley has to find employment in a proper job