fraudulent claim against me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

my problem in a nutshell is my vehicle was hit in the rear while it was parked, when i confronted the driver we had an argument and the police were called no offences were committed and the police left after me and the other driver exchanged names and addresses. A month or so later i received a claim for neck injuries to the driver and his 2 passengers for approximately £20,000 for an accident that he said i drove into the rear of him which was totally false, i have witnesses which include the police officer who attended to the fact that the other driver hit my parked unattended car, i have lost my no claims bonus and i applied for a job as a driver which i did not get because of this pending claim, my insurance company have tried to contact the other driver who has not answered for a number of months and when i spoke to my insurance company i was informed that the other parties insurance company does not have the full story i.e they have not been told that he hit my vehicle and i have witnesses to prove that, i am at a loss because i have been told it can take 3 years for the claim to close if the other driver does not answer any of the correspondence he receives.

any advice please

First of all, it is extremely rare for a case to take 3 years. Most insurers decide to pay out after 6 months if they do not hear anything. The only time cases drag on for so long is where there is a dispute and delays in correspondence.

I cannot see the TPs argument standing - saying you hit him in the rear should mean he has rear end damage - and how will he explain any front end damage? An inspector will soon reveal that.

As for witnesses, they should ideally be independant and stories can be verified / checked for fraud quite easily. The PC will not count as a witness as they did not see the incident. If however he has taken a statement then that will count.

With regards to injuries to passengers, they will soon be checked and easily discredited if there is any sign of fraud (such as non-esixtent passengers and checking previous claims).

There is nothing stopping you contacting the TP insurer and asking them to get a move on. They cannot simply wait for eternity for someone to respond. You might also want to contact your own insurer and point the same out.