Royal Sun Alliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my 1st post here and hope someone can help

I have 2 elderly relatives 95 & 76 a hole appeared on there drive about 15" x 15 " I went to see this hole and to my disbelief it is about 18 foot deep and extends about 15 foot, the building surveyor from the local authority came out and said it was an old brick cess pit the metal cover had rotted away. This cover had 2 foot of topsoil on it and then hardcore and finally 4" of tarmac, the old boys were oblivious to the fact there was and old ceptic tank as they have mains drainage since they moved in there in 1964, Royal Sun Alliance sent a loss adjuster round who had to ring her boss and explain the situation, he has classed it as wear and tear ??? surely the 2 elderly gentlemen cannot know if and old ceptic tank was buried in the drive prior to 1960 They have been told they will not get a penny !!! what if any is my next step on there behalf !! any assistance please.:mad:

Unfortunately, I would tend to agree with the loss adjuster - you admit the cover had rotted away - this is wear and tear.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Thank you for your reply, but (a) we do not know for sure if anything rotted away ? she is only assuming this, (b) talking to the Head Surveyour of the Local Council that came came out originally to look he thinks it is outrageous that this is down to wear and tear and is quite happy to say so. © if it is buried 2 foot down over 70 years ago how are you supposed to know this fact ?? when you move in. (d) for things like this occuring is surely the main reason for insurance cover ? (e) is the loss adjuster qualified to make this assumption that the cover had rotted away, perhaps it had no cover originally and just gave way. I would be gratefull for any other advice if any of the reasons I mentioned were thought to be valid points. Thanks Craig