2 defaults one debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WOW thank you both for that, they are very crafty basically reading the letter they sent they are saying we have a signed agreement but we wont let you have it until it goes to court - even though they have had a legal request for a copy of it.

I will defo get a copy of that letter to them now, ive not cpr them but now i have this letter i dont think there is a need to, if it did go to court the judge would see that ive requested the cca and they have withheld it / not got one.

ive still yet to hear from blair oliver and scott - i suppose it will only be a matter of time before i have to send them the bemused letter as well.

thanks again i will keep you posted of any further developments.

abm

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are saying they HAVE a signed agreement, quite the contrary...they've just worded it to confuse you into thinking they might have..how I understand it is they're implying that if they took you to court their records of withdrawals/payments would constitute proof of use of the card. Utter tosh in my opinion, as without the signed ageeement they cannot demonstrate their right to charge interest, what rate they can charge, what you should be repaying monthly, or administer the account in any way, including demanding payment.

Elsa x

• 1 month later...

hiya

been quiet until sat when i recieved this-

as you can see its dated 25th aug!!!!

then this morning

halifax3.jpg

is that a default notice? if so it must be invalid anyways as i only recieved the warning on sat. plus its still in dispute.

should i just file under ignore?

cheers

Edited by audiobookman

audiobookman,

I am a bit ahead of you in this game so hopefully can help:

Keep the default notice safe. It may become important.

Wait.

The next letter you get is likely to state 'that as you did not comply by the date stated in the default notice and pay the amount they required we have terminated your account' or something similar.

Keep this safe as well.

You are in 'no mans land' at the moment, and I can advise better when you get the termination letter. Post it up when you do.

The other document is nothing to do with the default notice, and is simply a letter that they have to send when two payments have not been met.

Finally, read the PM from me urgently!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Hon,

Keep the Default Notice as 3tea says, but as it arrived so late it's vitally important to keep the envelope it came in. On paper they've given you the required time (14 days + 2 for 1st Class postage etc) but in reality you haven't had the required time.

The next one is a Statement of Arrears which they are obliged to send at least every 6 months..its for info only.

Keep us posted as to their next gem,

Elsa x

• 3 weeks later...

sorry peeps for not replying - my pc decided to blow its main board and i had to get a new one, finally back on line yippeee.

anyways, thanks for the advice.

halifax have dropped a right clanger here, they put a default on before the 15th september which they said was the cut of date. i got a letter on the 12 dated the 7th here it is

Scan10003.jpg

then this morning 2 more letters arrived, im assuming this is a letter of assignment

Scan10004.jpg

the idiots decided they are also gona charge me £22+ for the pleasure on a CLOSED ACCOUNT with NO credit agreement!!!!

then this

Scan10005.jpg

OMG im now quaking in my shoes, actually im quacking with laughter. what are these people on, the account is in dispute and has been for months, they need to realise that if it wasnt for thier pure greed then the account would probo still be active today...

Thankyou personally 3tea for pointing out that the account number had been craftly entered down the right hand side of one of previous letters, ive since removed this.

do you think i should send the bemused letter now?

cheers

• 1 month later...

Regarding the missing document in post 38.

Audiobookman had posted the default notice there, but had left identifying features on the letter. I advised him to move it pronto.

He has obviously whipped it off as a result.

Further update for those intrested.

the account has now been passed onto power2contact.

these idiots done a doorstep call this morning when we were out.

thats two companies, should i just ignore them now as the account has been in dispute for about 6 or 7 months now.

does anyone want me to post up the threat monkeys name and number lol....

• 5 months later...

sorry for not posting for a while, been really busy here as per usual, lost my car just before xmas and was in pretty bad shape because of the accident, along with other things this has slipped my mind.

anyways, ive had dozens and dozens of letters all going in the folder to be ignored, its been though half a dozen collection companies to the pre litigation then mysteriously changes to another collection agency.

just had another letter this morning from midas (im 99% sure its moorcroft) they made ME an offer to pay THEM £170 per month LMAO. now they have sent it to pre school erm i mean litigation (what the hell is that??!!, your either service a litigation or not - they seem to have another branch in between?!?!) and they may take me to court, in fact i wish they would then i could get them to stop killing all the poor trees with the garbage they produce.

well its been a year now, ive not said a thing to them, i have truecall on my phone line have noted we still get 1-2 calls a week from the blacklist - but other than the bomardment of toilet tissue coming though the door all has been quiet, power to contact gave up after one home visit, still waiting for them to come back??!!

only 5 more years then statute barring (yippee), till then i just file the rubbish in the usual place.

i never thought i would have the bottle to do this and thank you all for your help - i have now seen first hand how underhanded and pathetic these leeches of society are.

thanks again, i will try to keep the thread updated more frequently when i get my scanner back on line

• 7 months later...

o well its been quiet here, westcott kept sending thier threato -grams which just went in the file with the rest of the toilet tissue.

now yesterday robbersway have sent a formal demand for payment, letter dated 4/11/10 and has to be payed in full within 10 days ????!!!!

reading the letter is laughable, they MAY

process of enforcement of court offficers (what??!!)

an order for deductions from your earnings (with no cca and the company admitting one isnt avalible - id like to see that)

an unpaid court fee may make credit difficult to obtain (hmmm jumping the gun there)

It looks to me these are the lowest of the bottom feeders, am i correct?.

as ive stated halifax have already written to me stating they have no cca but want me to continue paying??!!

I suppose it wont stop with them im now waiting for scottcall to pick it up as i know they do door stop visits, i have some lovely opened 3 year old cake and matured milk for a cuppa tea to offer them when they arrive.

these companies are laughable, the cats out of the bag over thier quiet frankly shady, borderline legal (probo not though) services

why do they even bother, they know they wont see a penny when the victim has the correct information to hand - at a guess i think the internet has hit these con artist hard over reacent years.

Hi Ab,

They always seem to come out of the woodwork just before Christmas don't they? Probably trying to raise funds for the office party :lol:

You've obviously become adept at spotting the empty threats, well done! Always check all the letters though and if you get anything that causes you any concern, eg an actual letter before action, we'll help you with a nice letter quoting CPUTR 2008 which states it is unfair to threaten legal action when they know none can be taken.

kind regards,

Elsa x

• 2 months later...

this has just evolved, on my birthday typically...

anyways knock on the door, a chap says he from robers way and that he has some money for me LMAO!!

i told him under dispute go away in not so many words,

he left a hand written note with final notice etc etc and to phone him.

i think i will be sending a letter of bemused to robbersway and a only by mail letter - anyone have any good sarcasitic ones i could post to these cretins.

cheers

abm

the card also has the collectors phone number on there, local number as well??, should i post it so you guys can have some fun?

• 3 years later...

hi guys.

Only a just over year now to SD. CSL are on the case and they really cannot organise a ..... up in a brewery.

They have sent me 2 different amounts as the total same ref, then they add interest to the total with the usual threats etc both are 10k to the penny of each other.

They have also managed to get hold of both our mobile numbers (under my name) - whocall deals with them every time and they leave some strange voice mails that are never understandable. Telling me the world will end if i dont ring back lmao.

On the wifes phone she gets constant barrage of txts asking for Mrs Linda Harris to call?? they use dozens of numbers - i think there are now 24 on the block list.

I invested in truecall and it never gets any hits even though its in my name, my logs are empty for blocked calls. Seems like the dcas have realised they can get more direct contact on the mobiles.

I think im home free now with this one, when the sb clock finally hits i will be sending the go forth letter. Ive not written or spoken to any of theses toothless dcas and there have been a lot. The last contact i had was with hbos putting the account in dispute (other than the door knocker who got a earful from me)

SD's the last thing you want!

I've got around a year on most of mine now and I can't believe how quickly the time has gone!

The majority of the threads I subbed to when I found this site have all gone quiet so I don't spend much time on here now, one of the reasons is that things change and I don't feel that I have the knowledge to advise any more. I don't get much grief nowadays (touch wood) but generally the odd letter I get is not a major concern.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

Only about 8 months now until its well and truely statute barred YIPPEEE.

Will it become statute barred at the 6 year birthday of the default or from the first missed payment, if its the latter then its only around 6 months even better?

Ive had numerous letters from all sorts of collectors, usual threat o grams - but all of them have the wrong amount by 9 k. they have a zero missing so it looks like they arent pushing too hard to collect for just 1k. Even the default amount is incorrect on my credit file.

My wife still gets text msgs for mrs linda harris on her phone and to call urgently (like .... we will).

BTW this default hasnt hurt my rating that badly as ive purchased two cars on credit since the default went on or its down to the low amount the default actually lists that maybe the reason - mind boggles.

Mine are around the same time too, except for one which I stupidly left for a bit longer and annoyingly is my highest debt!

My understanding is that it becomes SB 6 years after the last payment or any acknowledgement of the debt.

You still need to keep on your toes though, some DCA's try a last shot at it!

Good Luck and keep us posted. :-)

Hi guys,

Only about 8 months now until its well and truely statute barred YIPPEEE.

Will it become statute barred at the 6 year birthday of the default or from the first missed payment, if its the latter then its only around 6 months even better?

Ive had numerous letters from all sorts of collectors, usual threat o grams - but all of them have the wrong amount by 9 k. they have a zero missing so it looks like they arent pushing too hard to collect for just 1k. Even the default amount is incorrect on my credit file.

My wife still gets text msgs for mrs linda harris on her phone and to call urgently (like .... we will).

BTW this default hasnt hurt my rating that badly as ive purchased two cars on credit since the default went on or its down to the low amount the default actually lists that maybe the reason - mind boggles.

For CC which is a simple contract the clock started ticking from the date of the missed payment after which No further payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt was made.

The default remains on file until the 6th anniversary of the default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: