AA Won't Give Us Our Money Back!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,In November 2005 we took out a breakdown policy with them and in March 2006 when we purchased a brand new car which had the same cover included, we contacted them to cancel it.We were advised that as it was over the 14 day cancellation policy they could not refund our £200 odd punds but would suspend the agreement and continue it after three years which was the agreement length on the car. I wasn't happy about it as they ha dnot made it clear when we took the policy out, but being Miss Stupid, I said ok and let it be.Our existing car agreement ended last month and we are taking delivery of our new car tomorrow. New cards from the AA turned up last week and I contacted them again today saying I want a refund on the agreement as we are in exactly the same situation as we were 3 years ago, we had never made a claim on the policy, it was not made clear to me that that was the case at the time of taking out th epolicy and the waffle I got in return was that they work to the FSA rules and that no-one gives a refund on unsed usage.I've escalated the complaint (not so Miss Stupid now!) but has anyone else had anything similiar and if so, how did they deal with it?Cheers,BB