Car written off. Insurance Claim Problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Can anyone Help!

My car has been written off by a third party, however my insurance company does not want to give me the cost to replace ny car like for like.

If I cannot resolve this issue with my owne insurance company can I claim back any additional losses from the third party.:(

Yes you can claim agaunst the third party but if you are fully comp then your insurers should do this for you.

On what basis are the refusing to settle properly and what are they offering you and on what basis?

You are entitled to claim off who you want, since you have comprehensive insurance it would be normal to claim the car value from them and any uninsured losses (excess, injury, hire car etc etc) from the third party.

However, there is nothing to stop you claiming everything off the tyhird party BUT you cannot play one off against the other, so decide which insurer you are claiming what off.

If you think your car is worth £10000 and your insurers value it at £8000 you CANNOT claim the difference off the third party, a car is valued at market value and that is it. If you think the value is too low to get a replacement car then argue it out together with supporting evidence with the insurer.

Mossy