budget car insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help. last year i had car ins with budget. WORST MISTAKE !!!

my partner also had car insurance with them.

i was paying by DD each month. in october my car was sorn as it needed repairing with no cash to do it so we were down to sharing our other car.

i heard nothing from budget until december when they send renewal notice which i rang them about and told them the price was way to high and that i would go elsewhere. therefore my policy was complete and i decided at the time it would be cheaper to be a named driver on our other car just until my car was fixed back on the road. my partner rang budget to request this and they told him that i couldnt be a named driver as i had points. but they had just insured me for a full year on my own policy. besides which my license is actually clean im just stuck in the 5 year thing where you have to declare points.

my parnter told them that was ludicrous and because of this he would have to go elsewhere so that i could be on the insurance. they told him he wasnt allowed and if he did that they would start chargin him cancellation fees of ridiculous amounts that changed with each different person he spke to. He told them that in effect they were holding him to ransom. they wouldnt provide what he required so he needed to go elsewhere to get that service but they would stink him heavily if he did so.??

anyway he told them to stuff it and cancelled. they are now trying to charge him the money that was left on the policy which is in dispute with DLC debt collection agency.

Just when we thought that we had started to get it sorted a letter dropped in for me from guess who.... BUDGET... in MARCH. telling me i oweed them £99 for unpaid installments, which i was not aware they had not recieved as i had no contact from them other than a renewal notice. I rang them on an 0870 number to be told that it wasnt their fault . they had just come across it and send the letter and i had to pay. i told them no way after the farse we had with them already and the fact that the letter says the policy was cancelled at my request. THE POLICY EXPIRED. i did not cancel it. and the fact that they offered my a renewal and i spoke with them and nothing was mentioned. and most of all i rung them the other day to get a copy if no claims proof as now with another insurer THE AA , probably another major mistake, and they sent it out no questions asked. then i got calls from debt collectors and i told them to get stuffed because i was disputing with budget. and now i have another letter EXACTLY the same as the march one saying i owe "£99. the letter states that if i have insured car elsewher they mite recude it so it is obviously just a threat to try and extract money from the customer. i either owe it or i dont. seem they make it up as go along once again.

i am at a loss rite now as to the next step ?? can anyone at all out there give me some sound advice that will tell budget to get lost ???

i refuse to pay them anything as this is there mess up not mine......!!!!!

:oops:customer is alwaze rite...... :p:confused:

just thought i would say to those out there who are having hassle with car insurance after cancelling , we had a result !! budget have waivered my partners outstanding balance as a gesture of goodwill (that old chestnut)...... still trying to sort the other.

so let the battle commence!!

just goes to show that persistence and standing up for yourself does work !! :p

:oops:customer is alwaze rite...... :p:confused: