Help - No response from third party

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of weeks ago there was a knock at the door, a lad said he had reversed in to my car. The door was dented and paint scrated. My husband took down his details (as i was looking after our baby) and we thought no more. On the monday I phone my insurace company who arranged for my car to be picked up and a courtesy car to be be delivered the very next day - They said it was all straight forward and should be sorted shortly, just what we thought.

But no-one can get hold of this lad - we've tried phoning him direct, his insurance has tried phoning and has sent out correspondence with no responce.

I'm going to have to pay my excess to get my car back then try and claim it back when/if he accepts liability. If i had known i was going to have this much trouble i would have just had the work done and paid myself - but as he came to the door with his insurance details in hand i though i might aswell claim from him.

Can any one advise me on what I can do or what happens if no-one can get in touch with him?

The TP insurer should be sorting this out. If they do not hear from their insured, they will (eventually) have to decide to pay out. Until such a time, it will count as a claim on your policy. Although not your fault, policies are not "no blame" based - it is merely a case of the insurer being able to recover their costs from soneone. If they cannot, it goes against your policy.

I would contact you insurer and get them to hound the TPI. Maybe the TP is on holiday? Maybe he is hiding / ignoring the problem. You can of course contact the TPI youself to determine what they are doing and what timeframes they are looking at before deciding to pay out.