Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder BlueBox Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Jan 2009

Default SPC - anyone heard of them?

I had a call today from an outfit calling themselves SPC. Receiving calls from debt collectorsicon is unfortunately not an uncommon experience for me at present, so not surprising in itself.

However, they claimed they had written to me on 'a very urgent matter' but I've never heard of them before.

They asked me the usual stuff - can you confirm your address and date of birth etc. Naturally, I had no intention of providing any of that.

I asked who they were representing - "We can't say - Data Protection"

So who are you, what does SPC stand for? "Can't say - Data Protection"

I phoned them back in the hope of getting a sensible answer. What does SPC stand for - "I can't say"
    What's your line of business - "Personal business matters"

Anyone know of them? A quick search of the forum didn't reveal anything. The number they called from is 0845 839 6245 but a Google search on that (even using different formats) revealed nothing either.

I still find it incredible that despite all the warnings about identity theft, these morons expect you to provide personal details without even saying why they are calling or who you represent.

Basic Account Holder seniorservice Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2007

Default Re: SPC - anyone heard of them?

Don't know where you are located but there is a business called Stirling Park Collections (part of Intrum Justitia) that operates in Scotland

Regards

SS

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Seminole Highly informative Seminole Highly informative Seminole Highly informative Seminole Highly informative Seminole Highly informative Seminole Highly informative Seminole's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2006

I wouldn't worry about it. If it's important, they'll write to you.

As a general rule I would never respond to security questions from anyone who has called me. If someone calls me that I have a business relationship with and I am happy to speak to them, then I call them back at a publicly available number and then go through security. It's a good way of reducing the risk of identity theft.

As for debt collectorsicon, there is rarely a good reason for speaking to them on the phone. Always tell them to write to you. Whilst they may be monkeys on the other end of the phone they are monkeys who are trained to intimidate you. It's much easier and safer to deal with them in writing.

Cagger since
    Jan 2009

Thanks for that.

According to their website
    Stirling Park adheres to a strict code of professional conduct and operates professionally and expeditiously across Scotland, the United Kingdom and Europe. As Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers we operate to the highest ethical and professional standards.
    Yeah, right!

Only Scottish connection is RBSicon/Mint, so could be for them.

Cagger since
    Jan 2009

Solved it now - had misheard them and it was actually was FPC - aka Frederickson's on behalf of my incompetent chums at cap oneicon.

As predicted, letter was waiting when I got home. Account is actually in dispute due to no CCA being supplied - just blank T&Cs

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE