Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder JohnWilkes Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2009

Default G24 Ltd Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice

Hi all,
    I am hoping that my parking fineicon is just like the others i have read here and unenforceable...

My fiancee parked on the Sports Direct car park in St.Helens on April 4th for just under 2 hours. The car park was also mainly for a store called "No Frills" but since they closed months ago the car park is no longer controled by barriers and the guy in the hut.

roughly 1 week later i recieved a letter from G24 LTD that shows my fianceicon's car entering and leaving the car park with the time and date on the pictures. they say ithat she over stayed the 1 hour free parking time and are demanding 95 from us.

The letter says because i was the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention i am responsible and the 95 parking chargeicon must be paid within 28 days.

The photo's of the car do not show who the driver was (it was my fiance but the cars registered to me), i also have my own car and i was at work at the time this all occured. Am i right in thinking that because they are coming after me for the money and i can prove that i was in work at the time then there is no basis for them to come after me for money ?

should i ignor this letter? Has anyone else had dealings with G24 before?

This is quite worrying as we can't realy afford to pay this right now and are worried that they can enforce this riddiculous charge on us because there is in fact a sign up in the car park saying that 1 hour parking is free but after that a charge of 95 is to be applied.

Please help as we dont know what to do.

Thanks,
    John.

Basic Account Holder the_freedom_trail Novitiate

Cagger since
    Sep 2008

Default Re: G24 Ltd Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWilkes View Post
    Hi all,
    I am hoping that my parking fineicon is just like the others i have read here and unenforceable...

My fiancee parked on the Sports Direct car park in St.Helens on April 4th for just under 2 hours. The car park was also mainly for a store called "No Frills" but since they closed months ago the car park is no longer controled by barriers and the guy in the hut.

roughly 1 week later i recieved a letter from G24 LTD that shows my fianceicon's car entering and leaving the car park with the time and date on the pictures. they say ithat she over stayed the 1 hour free parking time and are demanding 95 from us.

The letter says because i was the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention i am responsible and the 95 parking chargeicon must be paid within 28 days.

The photo's of the car do not show who the driver was (it was my fiance but the cars registered to me), i also have my own car and i was at work at the time this all occured. Am i right in thinking that because they are coming after me for the money and i can prove that i was in work at the time then there is no basis for them to come after me for money ?

should i ignor this letter? Has anyone else had dealings with G24 before?

This is quite worrying as we can't realy afford to pay this right now and are worried that they can enforce this riddiculous charge on us because there is in fact a sign up in the car park saying that 1 hour parking is free but after that a charge of 95 is to be applied.

Please help as we dont know what to do.

Thanks,
    John.
    G24 is a ppc (private parking company). In short, it is a [problem]. It is not a fine or a penalty but an uneforceable invoice. They will be relying on the fact that you supposedly entered in to a contract with them by parking at the site and that you breached it. However, in reality that breach could not have cost them 95.

You will get around 5 - 6 letters. Usually a couple from the ppc, a couple or three from their debt collectorsicon and maybe one from their solicitors. After that they will disapear. They will also threaten you with everything and anything they can think of from CCJ's to bailifs. It is all meaningless and just a feable attempt to scare you in to paying up.

Remember, they have no legal basis to demand the money from you and are very very unlikely to take you to court.

Keep the letters in a safe place but ignoreicon them.

TFT

09/07/09 Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1

eCar Insurance overpayment - 325
    Settled in full - 15/09/08
    NatWest Student A/C bank charges - 260
    Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09
    Natwest Business A/C bank charges - 60
    Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09
    Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - 60
    Part settled for 48 - 01/03/08
    Peugeot Finance late payment fees - 50
    Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09
    Peugeot Finance overpayment of 247
    Settled in full - 01/12/08
    Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent
    160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09
    HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date
    GOGW 10 - 01/05/09
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

"The letter says because i was the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention i am responsible"
    pure rubbish from G24. unlawful and illegal in my view.
    ignoreicon G24, they have shot themselves in the foot - as per usual..

Basic Account Holder angrydude Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2009

Hi guys,

New here so be gentle, lol. I have just lost my "G24 " cherry and recieved a delightful "parking chargeicon notice" . Was parked in Wickes builders merchants in Chelmsford. Had the the misfortune to break down so had to wait for RAC. Even allowing for this I was only 8 mins over the 2 hours. The notice they have sent me includes a couple of appauling photos of my car entering and leaving the car park. On the second one the number plate ib completely blurred and unreadable!!!!

I'm answering my own question here but... Do I ignoreicon anything I get from these cowboys???? Is it worth replying and explaining the break down??

Your advice would be much appreciated.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

ignoreicon them. they want you write and they are [problem]mers ! never cooperate with the [problem] and the [problem] fails.

Basic Account Holder angrydude Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2009

Cheers mate. Guessed that would be the answer. Why on earth do huge companies like wickes,B and Q etc deal with these people??

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

money.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by lamma View Post
    money.
    that sounds a bit cynical lamma. Surely you meant to say B&Q use them because they are very concerned that their genuine customers can get parked at all times, and also want to help them to improve their car control for getting it between 2 white lines by implying failure to do so will cost them 80 quid!.

Then again, on second thoughts, I think you're right.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative kiptower Authoritative

Cagger since
    Sep 2008

"oh no they are NOT" not on private land ,

NEVER FORGET

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n-cookers.html
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Creamer View Post
    The registered keeper is responsible
    Whilst many of your previous posts have been laughable and quite entertaining, you have now overstepped the mark into totally lieing. Please refrain from postings misleading lies as I would find it most distressing if someone actually made the mistake of believing you and paying a toytown invoice.

Dominic Creamer

I use the expression "responsible" purposely in the place of "liable"

But if the RK was not the driver, they are taken to court unless they provide the driver details

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

ah yes, that little subtle trick of word-transposition to confuse and mislead.

But if the RK was not the driver, they are taken to court unless they provide the driver details
    ..and when they confirm they were not driving the case collapses.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

this sounds like the usual rubbish about the way PPCs read the RTA. And the belief that a Norwich Pharmacal order is possible. As I recall these strange inexplicable and erroneous beliefs were imported to earth from Planet Perky. Along with a belief that CPR pre action protocols apply, which they don't. See 5.1 in PRACTICE DIRECTION – PROTOCOLS - Ministry of Justice On the other hand the 'clean hands' maxim of equitable relief does apply to the PPC. The lack of clean hands will deny a party equitable remedy if the "dirt" has a necessary and essential relation to the remedy sought. The nature of the PPC [problem] and the unlawful and often illegal paperwork they supply means that showing 'unclean hands' shouldn't be too difficult especially when you apply Results within legislation - Statute Law Database. Of course if a PPC does have sufficient proprietary (or agency) rights, the signs are clear and lawful and capable and the fees charged are not penalties and it does not breach the above consumer regulations wholesale and its paperwork is clearly lawful and legal then the PPC may win. The only problems the PCs have with doing this is landowners are not daft enough to grants those rights and even in cases where they do by following the rest of the conditions the PPCs 'business model' disappears in a puff of smoke.

Basic Account Holder jed52 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2006

Moderators, please get rid of this clown.
    I know that you have to respect 'free speech' etc, but it has been established that DC, (and others like him/her) is just out to make trouble and distract people. (and to desperately try and get more money in because their [problem] is begining to unravel).
    If just 1 person takes notice of this twit, then we have all failed in our task of giving the best possible advice to all those who need it.
    People come on here because they have doubt in their mind, they dont need idiots like this clouding the situation further.

You know that the so called 'advice' you give is absolute tosh, so a
    question, DC;
    If you left the ppc you work for, would you come on here and give advice from the other side of the fence?
    Or do you not have any morals at all?
    jed

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

He's already gone.

But he'll be back again. We see him every week or so.

The c*** has nothing better to do than spend his life setting up new accounts.

Basic Account Holder ol4eyes Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2009

I'm new at this. I get a letter from G24 about 5 weeks ago and, after reading your columns I ignoredicon the letter, however last week I received a Final Demand and sent off a letter to them basically asking them to prove I had read the notices, I was the driver and to explain how they can charge 95 for half an hours parking, thinking I would hear no more I was surprised to receive a letter today saying that they do not have to prove anything and threatening bailiffs if I don't pay. I am quite scared of their tactics and would hate to have to go to court over non payment. I hope you can help me..... Thank you

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

let us see the content of this last from them - suitably washed of personal details of course. Mistake to write to them...

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

I was surprised to receive a letter today saying that they do not have to prove anything and threatening bailiffs if I don't pay.
    Why are you surprised? You're dealing with **** - you're going to get a letter like this back.

Hollow threats though. Show us the letter and we can all have a giggle at it.

Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK Authoritative Rooster-UK's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2006
    I am in
    Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Al27 View Post
    He's already gone.

But he'll be back again. We see him every week or so.

The c*** has nothing better to do than spend his life setting up new accounts.

We are ever watchful!
    The eye of the Moderator sees all! (And understands most of it! )
    His incarnations don't survive for long.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.
    Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------
    Please donate,
    Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.
    FAQs....
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder ol4eyes Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jun 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Al27 View Post
    Why are you surprised? You're dealing with **** - you're going to get a letter like this back.

Hollow threats though. Show us the letter and we can all have a giggle at it.
    I have scanned reply from G24 a little help on how to get it on the forum board so you can all have a laugh!!
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/KEITH/Desktop/img001.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/KEITH/Desktop/img001.jpg[/IMG]

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE