Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder elizabeth25 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2009

Default Capital bank PLC Credit Care PPI

I took out a loan in 1999 with credit care and paid loan back early and had to pay back £3000 on top of loan as told PPIicon was a lump sum.

can anyone suggest any action i could take. i have credit agreement here that i can scan and post.

it says advance: A £ xxxxx

credit care B £xxxxx
    C £
    loan (a + b + C) d £xxxxx
    total charge for credit e £ xxxx
    total amount payable (d + e) F £xxxxx

the total amount payable (F) is payable by consequetive monthly installments as follows........

apr 12.8

you agree to pay the BLANK premium of £ BLANK which will be added.....

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

Default Re: Capital bank PLC Credit Care PPI

you would need to prove the ppi was mis-soldicon, or have a look at the multiple agreements thread .

there are some good threads and things in the stickies to try and work this out.

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2009

can someone give me an easy way to get a pic of my copy of the doc onto this forum?

Cagger since
    Apr 2009

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...hes/img015.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...hes/img016.jpg

Could someone please let me know what they think of the agreement. its my copy of the agreement do i need the one from them?

does anyone have an address for capital bank PLC?

what would i send first?

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana Authoritative alanalana's Avatar

Cagger since
    Nov 2006
    I am in
    Cumbria

Hello elizabeth,

Firstly I believe your Agreement my be flawed as it does not effectively distinguish between the loan and the creditcare (PPI) cover I believe the payments for the loan and the credit care should be shown separately on the agreement ie monthly payments of £xxx for loan and £xxx for creditcare.

have a look here for more help..
    Multiple agreements falling within section 18 CCA 1974

The company address is in the second of your photobucketicon links.
    http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...hes/img016.jpg

It looks like a chester address I have done a search in the Companies House site and the FSA Register but only one company came up and it was not in chester.

Your loan agreement was 1999 so you will need to have a look at this on claiming mis-soldicon PPI providing you can pin down the company. They may no longer exist

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign
    How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Here is some information on credit care..

Name & Registered Office:
    CREDITCARE LIMITED
    177 MELTON ROAD
    WEST BRIDGFORD
    NOTTINGHAM
    NG2 6JL
    Company No. 02255549

Date of Incorporation: 10/05/1988

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

If you could post the full address and company number at the top the agreement I can be certain to put in the correct information to search again.

or you can have search yourself in here...
    Companies House

and here..
    FSA Register

hope this helps

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Bank charge successes:
    Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.
    HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.
    RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.
    2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did
    PPI Successes
    PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.
    2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.
    2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:
    Cap one Now with the FOS
    Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.
    LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..
    Post 290 from
    ***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Apr 2009

Hi

I have an update. They wrote back saying they dont have to provide a copy of the credit agreement. I obviously have one anyhow.

How do you suggest I now proceed. What happened was I paid off the loan early but lost the full PPIicon amount as they said non was refundable. I have looked at the spreadsheets on the PPI info but can not work out how to fill it in. Appreciate anyones help.

I have posted the agreement on here in a previous post.

Thanks

Cagger since
    Apr 2009

Sorry, a further question. I have drafted a letter saying that they have not distinguished between the amount payable each month for the loan and for the ppi. i also said the policy was missoldicon and I was not informed that if I paid the loan back early I would forfeit the whole policy sum. anything else to add?

also do i claim against capital bank who had loan with or credit care? many thanks.

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative pompeyfaith Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jan 2007
    I am in
    Where the ball did not cross the line

Hiya Elizabeth,

I can do the calculations for you and email the Excel Spreadsheet to you, but you have hidden the dates and figures on the agreement above.

Regards

PF

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE