Garden rubble clearance / Conflicting Information from my Council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I would really like some advice on the following.

I have a lot of garden rubble that needs to be taken the local council waste site. I contacted my council about this and they told me that I needed to pay £30 + VAT per load to deposit it at their site. I think I will need to take one or two trips with a trailer.

Anyway, I had a look at their website on which it says the following:

"Rubble/hardcore can be taken to our household waste recycling centres providing it is not commercial waste. If waste is being transported in a van or a trailer over 5ft in length a permit will need to be purchased from one of our cash offices. Permits are available at £29 + vat per load."

Since my rubble is not commercial and I will use a trailer of 5ft or under in length, surely I do not need to buy a permit?

I quoted the above in an e-mail to the Council and got this as a reply:

"Thank you for your recent email.

You can take a maximum of 5 bags of rubble to a Civic Amenity Site at any one time in a car. Unfortunately, if you use anything else other than a car then the charge will apply. The charge also applies to Private Households throughout the borough. "

Surely that is not what is stated on their website? Is what they say on their website (last updated in September 2008 8)) legally binding?

I would really appreciate some advice on this.

Many thanks,

ConfusedGirl

I doubt it. Why not reply to their email, quoting their website (and a link) and ask them to clarify the anomaly.

Thanks for your reply.

I did quote what's on their website and got their reply as mentioned above.

I think I shall phone them and speak to someone about it as the website and their reply are contradicting each other.