Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Confusedgirl Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2008

Question Garden rubble clearance / Conflicting Information from my Council

Hello all,

I would really like some advice on the following.

I have a lot of garden rubble that needs to be taken the local council waste site. I contacted my council about this and they told me that I needed to pay 30 + VAT per load to deposit it at their site. I think I will need to take one or two trips with a trailer.

Anyway, I had a look at their website on which it says the following:

"Rubble/hardcore can be taken to our household waste recycling centres providing it is not commercial waste. If waste is being transported in a van or a trailer over 5ft in length a permit will need to be purchased from one of our cash offices. Permits are available at 29 + vat per load."

Since my rubble is not commercial and I will use a trailer of 5ft or under in length, surely I do not need to buy a permit?

I quoted the above in an e-mail to the Council and got this as a reply:

"Thank you for your recent email.

You can take a maximum of 5 bags of rubble to a Civic Amenity Site at any one time in a car. Unfortunately, if you use anything else other than a car then the charge will apply. The charge also applies to Private Households throughout the borough. "

Surely that is not what is stated on their website? Is what they say on their website (last updated in September 2008 8)) legally binding?

I would really appreciate some advice on this.

Many thanks,
    ConfusedGirl

Royalties Account Holder Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative Michael Browne Highly authoritative

Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default Re: Garden rubble clearance / Conflicting Information from my Council

Is what they say on their website (last updated in September 2008) legally binding?
    I doubt it. Why not reply to their email, quoting their website (and a link) and ask them to clarify the anomaly.

Basic Account Holder Confusedgirl Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2008

Default Re: Garden rubble clearance / Conflicting Information from my Council

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Browne View Post
    I doubt it. Why not reply to their email, quoting their website (and a link) and ask them to clarify the anomaly.
    Thanks for your reply.

I did quote what's on their website and got their reply as mentioned above.

I think I shall phone them and speak to someone about it as the website and their reply are contradicting each other.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details