• Tweets

• Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Acenden/Capstone/SPML/APS!! PPI/Charges Reclaiming.

miz_print
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow been a while since i was here!

Just gone through old documents with regard to claiming back ppi as i knew we were once ripped off with it. We took out a mortgage with Aps who arranged a mortgage with Southern Pacific Mortgage Company this was taken out in July 2005 and we have found that the policy was added to out mortgage at a cost of £3,483.63 on the forms we have it says interest payable in addition to the premium £2,808.45 totally a whopping £6,292.08!

We had a salesman come to the house to sort out the mortgage and looking at the forms HE actually ticked the bit for the ppi obviously skirting round the fact you paid interest also my husband was infact self employed, since rereading i think that is ok, cover was only for 3 years too

Can i also just ask if all the other fees are legite on this too as looking down the list it says;

£499.00 arangement fee (added to the loan)

£40 chaps fee payable on completion (added to the loan

£2,495.00 Broker fee non refundable it says (added to the loan)

£600 legal fee?? payable on completion (added to the loan)

£150 one off payment title insurance it says ask us about it!!! (added to the loan)

I would like to know if all these bits are legal they dont tell you that all these are adding god knows what interest on top, i really dont know where to start the mortgage as now been paid off.

Edited by miz_print

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well sent off a letter anyway asking for it, been a few weeks now no reply but know i have to wait till the 8 weeks anyway, does anyone know as i sent the letter to spml at 6,Broadgate, london that this is still the address for them?? i sent it recorded and someone did sign for it, also what happens now that they are also going under the name of Capstone? we did get a letter telling us they were when we had the mortgage and it wouldnt make any difference to anything.

Wow been a while since i was here!

Just gone through old documents with regard to claiming back ppi as i knew we were once ripped off with it. We took out a mortgage with Aps who arranged a mortgage with Southern Pacific Mortgage Company this was taken out in July 2005 and we have found that the policy was added to out mortgage at a cost of £3,483.63 on the forms we have it says interest payable in addition to the premium £2,808.45 totally a whopping £6,292.08!

We had a salesman come to the house to sort out the mortgage and looking at the forms HE actually ticked the bit for the ppi obviously skirting round the fact you paid interest also my husband was infact self employed,

(IMO Product mis-sold)

since rereading i think that is ok, cover was only for 3 years too

Can i also just ask if all the other fees are legite on this too as looking down the list it says;

£499.00 arangement fee (added to the loan)

£40 chaps fee payable on completion (added to the loan

£2,495.00 Broker fee non refundable it says (added to the loan) This line could be useful as I understand there are sometimes massive differences between the PPI figure payable to the company and what is being paid to the broker:eek:

£600 legal fee?? payable on completion (added to the loan)

£150 one off payment title insurance it says ask us about it!!! (added to the loan)

I would like to know if all these bits are legal they dont tell you that all these are adding god knows what interest on top, i really dont know where to start the mortgage as now been paid off.

Firstly have you looked through the stickies at the top of the PPI forum?

If you have do you consider you have a claim for mis-selling of PPI?

I cannot comment on the relevant fees but there could be issues on the fact a broker was used.

Have you sent a Subject Access Request?

If you have what response did you get?

If you have not you need to send one with the statutory fee of £10.00 to get all the data on yourself with regard to this mortgage as a matter of urgency.

If you do not have all the original paper work then SAR and ask for every little bit of data with regard to you and this mortgage.

Are you able to post up a copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement? but with all the personal details deleted ie names. sort codes, account numbers, addresses etc. it could help:)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

I recived a reply from spml saturday saying the following; that they are acknowledging my letter, upon investigation they identified that APS Mortgages arranged the mortgage and that spml was not party to any discussion concerning the insurance and/or its terms and conditions at the point of sale. The responsibility for the sale rests with the company who introduced us to spml and we must therefore direct us back to APS Mortgages (they added address) They went on to say that a ppi was not requested in the application forms received from the broker and so spml did not arrange any cover. Any issues must therefore be redirected to Aps, we are soory that we are not able to uphold your complaint and tell us to if we wish refer to the fsa. They then say if they have not heard from us within 8 weeks of this letter they assume the matter is completed and close the file!

I want to know what can i do as aps is no longer trading or are they??

I have the forms for the mortgage that the broker ticked for the ppi and also a copies of all the breakdown statement of facts for the mortgage, how can they say that we didnt ask for it they must have know it was added on to the balance that we wanted to borrow it just dosont make any sense so why are they saying we didnt request it?

Can anyone offer advice as to what to do next as i am at a loss?

Do you have an address for aps on any of your paperwork?

If so please post.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Basic details for:

300788 - Aps Mortgages (UK) Ltd

Current status: No longer Authorised Effective Date: 26/01/2009 Tied Agent:

Undertakes Insurance Mediation:

Registered under Money Laundering Regulations:

Address: Unit 3

York House

Edison Park

Hindle Way

Swindon

Wiltshire

SN3 3RB

Phone:44 01793 600 001

Fax:44 01793 484 968

Email:[email protected]

If this is the company in question they are no longer authorised.

The were authorised when they were in business by the Financial Services Authority, so you may have some chance of compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. (FSCS) here is a link.

http://www.fscs.org.uk/consumer/

There is no record in Companies House for aps mortgages uk ltd....http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Hope this gives you some hope.

aa

Edited by alanalana
tedt added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thank you Alanalana for replying, yes that is the same adress i have on the letter apart from unit 4 not 3, so am i right in thinking that as Aps came to my house to set up the mortgage with spml that they are right to say that they are not responsible for the miselling of the ppi? they even said in the letter that it wasnt requested on the forms when it clearly shows it was!

Also they must know that Aps is no longer trading so why have they said they will post my complaint on to them and suggest i also contact them?

Is the Fcs my only hope?

Thank you Alanalana for replying, yes that is the same adress i have on the letter apart from unit 4 not 3, so am i right in thinking that as Aps came to my house to set up the mortgage with spml that they are right to say that they are not responsible for the miselling of the ppi? they even said in the letter that it wasnt requested on the forms when it clearly shows it was!

Also they must know that Aps is no longer trading so why have they said they will post my complaint on to them and suggest i also contact them?

Is the Fcs my only hope?

Firstly let me get my head arount this aps were the company that visited to set up the mortgage with spml?

Do you have a Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) and if so is the agreement with SPML or aps? (if the agreement is with SPML then you should be claiming from them, because presumably you are paying you monthly payments to spml and not aps)?

The address for spml in the FSA Register is this:

302027 - Southern Pacific Mortgage Limited

St. Johns Place

Easton Street

High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire

HP11 1NL

Tel: 44 0845 603 2905

Fax: 44 0845 603 2906

email: [email protected]

and spml are still regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

they are also listed under companies house with this address:

Name & Registered Office:

SOUTHERN PACIFIC MORTGAGE LIMITED

ST. JOHNS PLACE

EASTON STREET

HIGH WYCOMBE

HP11 1NL

Company No. 03266119

If your claim is against spml because your consumer credit agreement is with them then that is fine if you are claiming against aps then I believe you will have to go, as mentioned in a previous post to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Looking at the email addressess spml seem to also be linked to capstone mortgages see this:

CAPSTONE MORTGAGE SERVICES LIMITED

ST. JOHNS PLACE

EASTON STREET

HIGH WYCOMBE

HP11 1NL

Company No. 05381786

What would help, is to know what information appears on your signed (CCA).

I do not know where you addressed your original letter but this is again from the FSA Register for complaints to spml.

Contact for Complaints: Tony Marek

Address: St. Johns Place

Easton Street

High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire

HP11 1NL

Phone: 44 0845 603 2905

Email: [email protected]

hope this helps to clear any confusion.

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Firstly let me get my head arount this aps were the company that visited to set up the mortgage with spml?

Do you have a Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) and if so is the agreement with SPML or aps? (if the agreement is with SPML then you should be claiming from them, because presumably you are paying you monthly payments to spml and not aps)?

The address for spml in the FSA Register is this:

302027 - Southern Pacific Mortgage Limited

St. Johns Place

Easton Street

High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire

HP11 1NL

Tel: 44 0845 603 2905

email: [email protected]

and spml are still regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

they are also listed under companies house with this address:

SOUTHERN PACIFIC MORTGAGE LIMITED

ST. JOHNS PLACE

EASTON STREET

HIGH WYCOMBE

HP11 1NL

Company No. 03266119

If your claim is against spml because your consumer credit agreement is with them then that is fine if you are claiming against aps then I believe you will have to go, as mentioned in a previous post to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Looking at the email addressess spml seem to also be linked to capstone mortgages see this:

CAPSTONE MORTGAGE SERVICES LIMITED

ST. JOHNS PLACE

EASTON STREET

HIGH WYCOMBE

HP11 1NL

Company No. 05381786

What would help, is to know what information appears on your signed (CCA).

I do not know where you addressed your original letter but this is again from the FSA Register for complaints to spml.

Contact for Complaints: Tony Marek

Address: St. Johns Place

Easton Street

High Wycombe

Buckinghamshire

HP11 1NL

Phone: 44 0845 603 2905

Email: [email protected]

hope this helps to clear any confusion.

aa

Alanalana, firstly i did say in my first post that it was a one off single payment ppi, Aps came to the house to sell me it, all i have is the key facts pages which were prepared by APS (Product confirmation letter), so your saying that spml didnt have anything to do with it?

Am i best now then just going to the Fsc scheme?

I just cant understand why they would pretend that i didnt sign for it when it was added onto the mortgage they must have know surely?

Alanalana, firstly i did say in my first post that it was a one off single payment ppi, Aps came to the house to sell me it, all i have is the key facts pages which were prepared by APS (Product confirmation letter), so your saying that spml didnt have anything to do with it?

Am i best now then just going to the Fsc scheme?

I just cant understand why they would pretend that i didnt sign for it when it was added onto the mortgage they must have know surely?

Right then

the PPI, sounds to me that this part may be regulated for the purposes of the CCA 1974

however, it seems as if you need some more info here as you dont seem to have the documents that you need.

by the way the old "you need to speak to the introducer" is nonsense, if they paid a secret commission then they would get caught up in the liability with the broker themselves, so what im saying is you could sue either broker or lender, each owe a duty of care to you

I think that you need to secure the underwriting sheet as this is essential to your case as it will disclose to you all the real costs of the borrowing, and any hidden costs too

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Sent off a SAR to Acenden

my account was with APS/Southern Pacific when i left them it was with Capstone!

Know for a fact that there is misold PPI added on in a single PPI payment this was sold to us via APS who came to the house.

I paid the mortgage off in Oct 2008.

Did already write to them in 2009 to be fobbed off with them saying it was nothing to do with them and that it was sold with a broker

even though the PPI was infact added to the mortgage,

the agreement and paperwork will show this when it comes.

Left it for a while as i was moving and had a lot on at the time but thought with the ruling now i would try and reclaim it again.

They were rather awkward with the SAR saying they wanted documents with my husband and i's signiture on as the address etc wee now different.

They said either original passport or driving licences or if copies stamped and signed by a solicitor!!

Probably trying to put me off with the cost but i did send them original driving licences which i actually got back today

with a letter saying the usual 'we have 40 days to suppy the information'.

Will keep you posted on any developments as i know that Acenden are a nightmare according to other threads :|

your claim should be fired at whomever you paid your loan PCM too

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Right got a pile of paperwork this morning from Acenden although dosn't seem that much. I am quite surprised as i thought they would definitely wait until the 40 day deadline, will trawl through it this afternoon and let you know the outcome!

Right i have had a look through the papers that Acenden have today sent me and it seems that they have 'forgot' to add the main keyfacts sheet that showed all the ppi, before i moved to Canada for a short time i had this and it said a one time payment of; £3,483.63 with int at £2,808.45= £6,292.08. I lost these papers when i moved :-x

The main forms they sent were the mortgage application forms so they stil haven't sent the credit agreement forms, i got all letters and recorded telephone calls etc.

The letter they enclosed also stated that' where data relates to a third party details will not be released; Details of any agreements between broker/lender/packager written or underwritten, in relation to commisions or any other payments. This is not data relating to the account holders and as such Southern Pacific does not consider itself under no obligation to provide this pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 and subsequent guidence published by the Information Commissioner's Office. It goes on to say in another section that it won't disclose details of commisions made in relation to the loan.

I do have a form with the mortgage application forms that does state the amount of procuration fee that the broker expects to be paid for this mortgage and this is; £2,529.87

They have shown all the other fees except the ppi key facts sheets it is so frustrating but what they have sent sort of looks ok but i know its not! what should i do now as without this i can't do nothing?

iwould reply with what you want to see usign the failure to comply letter from the library

though you should wait the full 40days first

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you, i will get a nother letter off today, do you think i should state clearly what i know is missing? They said when i approached them a few years ago that the policy was nothing to do with them etc, the papers they have sent ae not showing any ppi yet on the 'missing key facts' sheet that i had previously it clearly shows the ppi including interest too, it is like they have 'hidden' it on the info they have sent me.

Can i just ask someone about this PPI, I know i had it it as i explained earlier i once had the key facts sheet that clearly showed this, this was not sent with the SAR info received. I have wrote to them stating that the credit agreement and the key facts ppi sheet was missing despite them saying the credit agreement was enclosed (they sent the mortgage application forms)

My question is i know that we were definitely misold the ppi as we were told no info about this and just assumed it had to be taken on a condition of the mortgage, what will happen if they will not send me the key facts sheet that clearly show this information as they stated that they will not release any data relating to a third party such as agreements between lender/broker/package written or underwritten as this is not data relating to the account holders!! if i don't have this info how can i prove anything??

someone please help it's driving me nuts!

i would not worry upon your reason for claiming it back

its for them to prove you reqyested it with written evidence

them you'll get the sheet that is missing if they wish to use it.

dx

and they

Thanks dx, but what will proof will i have if i they don't send it that i even had ppi? i can't claim it without proof can i?

the ppi was issued through Premier Writers in Cleckheaten and i did once write to them but they referred me back to the boker as they said they had no party to the sale of the insurance and were not there at the time! The broker was APS who no longer exists but the single ppi payment was added to the mortgage.

The paperwork that Acenden have sent me shows nothing it is clearly 'hidden' away.

Miz_print