Refusing To Give Me My Proof Of Ncd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at my wits end, I had been with an Insurance company for 3 years, it was due to renew on the 24th Jan, I phoned up and said I wanted to carry on with the Insurance, I then phoned about a week later to ask when they were taking out my D/D etc and was told that instead of 11 months payments they had changed it to 6 months, I said I couldn't afford the amount per month and said I wanted to cancel my policy I then received my cover note etc in the post a few days later around the 10th feb and sent it back, they cancelled my policy from the 14th feb, but they are now refusing to give me my 3 years NCD which I need for my new insurance company saying I owe £127.00, can they do this? surely they should of told me about the 11 monthly payments down to 6 when I phoned to renew my policy? now my new insurance company is saying that unless I can prove my NCD my insurance is going to go up by £350!!!! Isn't the NCD mine, I've built it up? cheers

BOS 1st Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 2nd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 3rd Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 4th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

BOS 5th Account - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Settled in full 15/3/07

Nationwide - Prelim sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 18/1/07 Court Date 17/7/07 WAITING FOR TEST CASE

LX Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07 LBA sent 9/7/07 Got 50% off total - settled and closed account 10/9/08

Studio cards - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 8/1/07Credited to my account, account cleared! 4/6/07

Insurers will usually withhold proof of NCD when premiums are owed or felt to be owed. You will need to establish whether you can claim the money is owed or not.

Also, the NCD is a contractual issue. There are no automatic rights to it and they have no legal standing. They are merely a marketing ploy by insurers and should be made illegal in my view.