Accident Exchange messing me about!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was involved in an accident and wasn't at fault.

I got in touch with a company called Accident Exchange who take the hastle out of an accident.

They arranged for my BMW to go to Steven James for a damage evaluation, and gave me a hire car to use in my cars absence.

My car was classed as a right off, so was given a payout and was told I could have my car back to sell to increase the value of my payout.

So i went to Steven James to collect the car, but was told I couldn't have it as accident exchange owe them money for the storage fee.

I then went back to accident exchange and asked when they would be paying the bill, and they said when they have claimed it back from the 3rd party insurer.

The bill as is it stands is £1900, more then the car is worth.

Where do I stand in this?

It seems Steven James wants to use my car as a bargaining tool to re-claim their storage fee.

Is it a civil matter between steven james and accident exchange?

Any help or information on what I could say to either of these companies would be great, as I can't afford to purchase the same car without selling the damaged one.

Thanks.

£1900?!?! How long was it in there for?

The liability really rests with you (but in practice with your insurer / Acc Exch). They should pay the fees and claim them back. Failing to do so will increase costs and the TP could dispute the amount.

A polite but strongly worded letter to Acc Ex reminding them of mitigation of losses and the need to not delay claims is in order - head it as a compaint so that you can later go to the FOS. Is your insurer involved in anyway?