Insurance Claim - Royal & Sun Alliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I recently had an accident with my PC which I have claimed for on my home contents insurance, my PC is custom built by myself, the insurance have offered me £650 - £100 excess which I think is very reasonable but the problem is I have been told I have two choices I

1) Buy the parts myself send the receipts to the insurance and they will pay me the money.

2) get the shop to send the prices to the insurance and they will pay the shop for the bits direct.

the problem I have with this is I am a member of a few computer forums and they have members classified areas where you can get a lot of good deals, this is where I wanted to purchase most of the items.

Is there anyway I can get them to pay up before I get the bits ?

Hi. seems like the Insurers have excepted the claim and agreed settlement. they may want some confirmation so they can close off the file. did your estimate have an VAT amount?

If so they will need an invoice just incase mr VAT audits the files otherwise request the amount 'less VAT'..

Hope that helps

Eros

• 2 weeks later...