Council want charging order on property for debt statute barred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a kerb dropped at the entrance of my property in june 2000,I was told this payment would be added to my council tax bill.

In august 2006 the court bailiffs attended to recover debt owed,which was full amount.

I liased with the councils solicitor and told them it was added to council tax,she stated that the council wouldn't do that and I would have either set up a direct debit or received a payment card to pay by installments.

I never heard anything again till Dec 08 when they sent me a direct debit mandate,which I sent a letter to say as it was over 6 years ago and had no contact from them prior to this,that the debt was statute barred.

Now I have received court action to appear in court on 5th may,the debt owing is £883.55,but the original amount was for £483 and they want to put a charge on my property and issue a judgement against me.

What can I do with regards to this?

Can I contact the court stating its over 6 years and no contact prior?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail