Direct Line Home Insurance Policy 2005

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know how I might obtain a copy of the Direct Line Home Insurance Policy for 2005 including the Legal Protection section?

DL's current HIP policy is available on line in PDF format but the policy for the year I want has been superseded.

If anyone has a copy in whatever format I would be happy to reimburse them for their time and effort.

I would suggest that you write in to them.

However, if you want those terms to apply, any event that you might question would have to have happened during the time of that policy. So if you are complaining, for example, about the Accidental damage limit because of an accident last month, then it will be whatever the terms are last month that will apply.

Can we ask why you need the 05 policy? We may be able to offer assistance

I was subject to an insurance fraud by someone using Before the Event Legal Expenses Insurance from Direct Line; this required the collusion of a solicitor.

As a third party in this matter I have no redress via any regulatory body therefore I must obtain an opinion from a another, to do that I need a copy of the terms and conditions that were in operation at the time of the fraud.

In that case it will be a matter of writing to the insurer to request that copy. I would write to head office, as you will only get a copy of current T&Cs otherwise, or someone saying they don't have them (when they do).

I'll have a look on our system tomorrow for you, see if i can find a pdf of the old policy booklets on there.

D.A

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Had a check on our Intranet today for you and the oldest policy booklets we've got are from December 2007.

Sorry i couldn't help.

D.A

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

• 2 years later...