Admiral insurance wont pay 3rd party claim, now threating CCJ against me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was involved in an accicent last October, where unfortunately i ran into the back of another vehicle. I would think a pretty closed case with me being deemed at fault and my insurance company having to pay 3rd party for damages.

However, i have recieved a strange letter from a solicitor saying

Dear Sir

We have written to your insurers but they have still not settled our client's claim.

We have written to them again today but if we do not receive settlement from them within the next 7 days our client will have no alternative but to consider the issue of county court proceedings on you personally.

We are sorry to have to consider this course of action against you and would suggest you telephone your insurers immediately.

Yours faithfully

Can i actually be taken to court personally and have a CCJ against my name if my insurance company fail to settle this claim????

Have you notified your insurer of this incident even if you are not claiming yourself?

Have you given the correct insurance details to the TP or their insurer/sols?

Remember it was the insurer at the time of the incident who needs to be notified - not the one you are with now (if different).

If yes to both, you will need to send this to your insurer but call beforehand and ask what is going on beforehand.

If you have not reported it, then it is likely your insurer is not dealing and is making a sloppy, if any, attempt to contact you. In any case, notify your insurer.

Have you notified your insurer of this incident even if you are not claiming yourself?

Yes i have fully comprehensive insurance and my vehicle was reparied under this policy

Have you given the correct insurance details to the TP or their insurer/sols?

I have forwarded all corespondance to my insurer.

From the TP's point of view, if they get no joy from the insurer, they will come after you. That is quite normal.

You need to establish why your insurer is not dealing with this. It's probably gone missing or in some backlog (or as happened in one of my past jobs, a toady employee stashed 6 months of paperwork to make his targets look good. He got found out but was still promoted and muggins here had to deal with half of he fallout, but I digress. Bitter.)

Give the insurer a call to find out what's going on. There's a communication black hole somewhere.