style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and Welcome, whiteterrier1.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

All roads that are maintained by a local authority or roads authority are called adopted roads. For instance if a developer builds a housing estate he has to bring the roads in that estate up to a certain standard, after which the council adopts the roadways and they are no longer the responsibilty of the developer and are deemed public roads.:)

If the public have access, in that it is then not truly a private road, then I would argue that the developers have a duty of care to ensure that the road is of a standard that one would expect a member of the public reasonably expecting to use their vehicle on that road.

If for example it is being developed, and they are allowing people to use the road, you would expect it to be free from debris and falling objects etc, swinging crane arms, etc.

Once complete, then responsibility for maintenance falls to the authority.

But until that point, it will be with the developer or whoever holds responsibility.

Is there a specific point to the question? IT's been a while since I was last in insurance so I myself cannot provide all the whys and wherefores. However, it would be easier to answer a specific scenario.

Gyzmo, I cant answer the question but can maybe clarify.

When the road is complete, the LA doesnt ALWAYS take over maintenance of the road. It sometimes stays with the developers, or quite often becomes the responsibility of the residents of the road. I am guessing this is what the OP is talking about :)

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

I agree. If it was not, then technically you would not be insured on your own driveway - which clearly you are.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!