Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Banned diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Feb 2009
    I am in
    kent

Default How To Handle Nuisance Calls

now this relates to nuisance marketing calls from HSBCicon rather than debt collectorsicon but the principle is the same, after many letters asking them to stop ringing (they'd pretend it was a matter about our account in order to get to marketing something) without success i adopted a very succesful strategy and the conversation went like this (dates and names changed)

HSBC Hello can i speak to david john smith please

r/ yes speaking

HSBc introduction rubiish then - before i commence can i just go through
    some security questions with you

r/ yes of course

HSBC what is the month and year of your date of birth

r/ my FULL date of birth is 14/10/1955

hsbc im sorry that is not what we have on our records can you just
    confirm the month and year of your date of birth

r/ yes i just told you my date of birth is 14 october 1955!

hsbc I', sorry this is not the information we have, you ARE Mr David John
    smith

r/ yes of course i think i should know my own date of birth don't you?
    what date of birth do you have on your records

hsbc im sorry i cant tell you that data protection act

r/ so what is it you wanted?

hsbc Im sorry i cant discuss that as you didnt pass the security check

r/ thats a shame you seem so nice- goodbye!

on the next few calls i continued to change the date of birth and continued with the ploy

hey presto 2 weeks later- no calls

you could of course just give a different name and say your brother is not at home he's away for 6 weeks on a cruise or travelling the country looking for work

whatever......... they certainly cant discuss anything with someone else about your account theyre stuffed!

try it- it works

Basic Account Holder tendogs Informative tendogs Informative tendogs Informative tendogs's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2008
    I am in
    a state of disgrace

Default Re: How To Handle Nuisance Calls

It's hard not to play these people for fools, however, it seems odd that any one ringing you should ask security questions. I think I would be telling them that I have only their word that they are who they say they are and that I have no intention of giving out information that might jepordise my security and they should know this and can I speak to their supervisor.

I do very little but I do it very, very well

If I've helped give my scales a click

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006
    I am in
    a sort of fire-fighting role here. Hate HFC & their compulsory PPI ethos

joint the tps website

bye bye calls!

dx

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<
    fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE
    Sort Your Debts Now - - here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here
    2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here
    3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone
    - alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX
    RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2007
    I am in
    Hell

I just tell them the number called is registered with the TPS, not to call again and hang the phone up.

If they do call back, I will either play games (like pretending to be deaf) with them if in a bad mood, or in a good mood call back and give a manager an earful.

Follows
    Following

Banned diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative diddydicky Authoritative

Cagger since
    Feb 2009
    I am in
    kent

the point of my thread was that telling them that you wont talk to them wont work - because their job is to harrass and torment you with incessant calls until you give in

however these guys work on bonuses and commissions so all the time you protest they think they are getting to you and will continue he making the calls

however if they realise after three or four calls that you are taking this p*ss, and since they cannot reveal what the security information is that they have got ( in case they are not talking to the right person) then it is THEY who will get demoralised because they realise that you are giving better than you are getting

just treat then calls as a game with this ploy and i guarantee after two weeks tops they will give up and then write to you only

Cagger since
    Feb 2009
    I am in
    kent

TPS will not protect you in these circumstances since you are their customer and you have given them your contact details

TPS will only protect you from unsolicited callers with whom you have no financial or other connection!

Cagger since
    Feb 2009
    I am in
    kent

you cant always call back because most use unlisted numbers or numbers that do not accept inbound calls

Cagger since
    Feb 2009
    I am in
    kent

tendogs- do that and you'll play right into their hands-- you will not know that you are talking to a real supervisor and since the object of the call is to get you to talk to them and reveal information you would be defeating the object of the excerise- NO CALLS NO UNWRTTEN communication

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo Highly informative gyzmo's Avatar

Cagger since
    Apr 2007
    I am in
    Hell

Oh I do - I sometimes pretend to call from another office of the same company!

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE