RBS Royalties Gold account

NiallTTC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been to see my bank today to discuss my Royalties gold account which has cost me £15 per month over the past 10 years.

I believed at the time I signed this up that I would need it to get a preferential rate for my loan. It turns out that I only needed to keep it going for six months after getting my loan, but this was never divulged at the time!

I have since now canceled it.

Is there any likelihood that I could claim these £15 charges for this account back, as I NEVER used any of the benefits, or gained any benefit from using it?

I doubt it.

You signed up for the account knowing that there was a monthly fee, and you have had some of the benefits (such as the preferential rate) also if I remember correctly there are other benefits such as life insurance which will have been running concurrently.

These were not penalty or unfair charges - these were charges, declared up front, which you agreed to, for a range of services which I believe would be considered reasonable value for money (if you used all the features)

The fact that you did not use the features is irrelavent.

Can you take your car back after 10 years and say "I paid an extra 2000 to have a sunroof fitted and its rained since so I havent once opened it - I want my 2k back?"