style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok here is a good one for you.

I use Autodirect for my insurance, I have for years. I also take out the auto direct rescue cover as I get it discounted. On Xmas Day at around 10.30pm my car broke down. No worries, Ill ring out the breakdown cover. So away I went with my little laminated card and rang the number expecting a wait and then off home. The number advised they were closed. Hmm puzzling?

Anyway I tried from another mobile, same response. In the end I had to leave the car and tried the next day to get recovered. They were closed. I must add that it was freezing, I was alone, it was a dark motorway outside Durham, late and nobody around virtually. I had no funds to call out someone else and a good samaritan picked me up two hrs later and dropped me off home.

I got sorted the next day and did try the same number. Same response.

Out of puzzlement I called on the Monday after and got the message....Welcome to Autodirect...please select one of the following options. Hmmmm. Very strange. I then told them Id broken down, they guy prceeded to laughat me and tell me Id called the wrong number and gave me a different one.

Now I emailed a Complaint about this. I got back the following:

A Breakdown Policy for a Megane issued in June 2008 with a number in small illuminated print. Yup it worked.

A Recovery Booklet with an attached thin card and the number on it. (never seen this before) They said they sent this to me in June 2008.

Whats wrong with the above? I dont drive the Megane anymore, that car was scrapped in October 2008. None of the documents were kept at all, apart from the necessary sign off forms.Where was the updated policy for my MG?

I received the following items on upgrading the car insurance:

Certificate

DD Confirmation

Excess Statement

Key Facts Booklet

Laminated Card

I did NOT get a Recovery Booklet, a recovery policy schedule nor this so called card.

Ive dug around, I even have a claims card from August 2008 with the same wrong number on!!

They are saying they havent done anything wrong, that I had the information to hand and could have checked my recovery policy statement at any time. I was in the middle of nowehere, by all means I had my insurance, licence and car user manual and also MOT just incase. Of course Id read all the way through the small print to find the number.

They gave me an official card, which looks BETTER than the thin one they sent via my Complaint. It had a Claims number on, customer service number on, renewals and then at the bottom a breakdown number.

Am I being stupid in assuming that they have done wrong? Or am I being pedantic here? I was put in a difficult situation, I thought I was fine, I mean I typed the numbersd into both my phones for safety. They looked official and I had no reason to doubt.

Wat do I do?:mad:

ARGH COMPLAINTS!!!