Re-claiming for a Non-successful Housing Benefit claim in 2007?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Can I start by saying thanks for taking the time to look at my query and any help or advice will be much appreciated. That said I'll cut to the chase.

Back in 2007 I moved to London, renting out my fathers flat (at a very discountable price might I add). During this time I became unemployed and tried claiming for housing benefits through the local council. This turned out to be a long drawn out process and after filling in many forms and supplying them with copies of certain documents I recieved a letter stating the closure of my claim.

This being due to alloted time to supply the local council with the correct documents, even though I had signed evidence by the authorities that the documents were handed in time. Several different reasons and excuses were passed on to me through letters and phone calls (all of which I still have-mobile recorded phone calls).

So naturally I protested/appealed to which was a further drawn out process which due to the time constraints lead me into financial trouble. At the end of the appeal, I was told I had not sent in a particular document, to which I had proof I had but they didn't accept.

I eventually gave up and moved out of London, in with a friend untill I got myself back on my feet. I never did recieve a penny from the local council, even though I was entittled to it. I was wondering if it was possible to re-open the case or aply for any sort of back payment while I still have the documents/evidence at hand?

Thanks again for your time and support