non fault car accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Saturday the 14th I was going to visit a friend when a bloke coming the other way blacked out and drove straight into the front of my car, this was at 1545.I got out of my beyond economic repair car unhurt, by then people had come out of the house and were attending to the guy in the other vehicle. I retrieved my mobile phone from my car and rang the police whom duly attended along with paramedics. the police quite correctly breathalysed me which was clear took my details issued a producer and said its not your fault you may as well go leave the keys in your car do you want a lift? I declined the lift as a friend was one their way to collect me. I got home and immediatley rang AIG direct. oh dear the office is closed( they werent when they took 500 quid off me) however i was put through to their claims contractor Albany assistance. they took the details and informed me although I am insured fully comprehensive it is with Fortis and put me through to them, one goes all through the story again and register the claim but inform me they will only deal with my car. any hire car will be dealt with by AIG direct.back to AIG or should I say their answering service Albany assistance who tell me you have no legal cover and as the vehicle is likely to be a write off we dont supply a hire car. I obviously asked to speak to AIG but was told that this wasnt possible until Monday. I live in a village 10 miles from anywhere no buses on sunday and only 2 per day in the week. Monday comes and I get through to AIG but only by going through Albany. I continue to knock my head against a brick wall but they assured me they would look into it and they would get back to me. They must have very small phone bills>>>> Tuesday am I ring again and am informed them of other info I had gained from the police ie. other drivers name address insurance details etc.and we eventually found where they had taken my car. K.C. Autos at Winsford whom wanted 150 pounds release fee and 20 pounds a day storage from the monday. All day talking trying to get a hire car from the insurance. eventually they all close still no result. It now appears that I have to go and hire a solicitor and a car and try to recover the costs from the other driver.

So Today I start by ringing Direct Accident Management. go through the whole story with them oh yes they were sure they could help. until i mentioned that my car was on hp. oh dear there isnt enough equity in my car for them to deal on my behalf. what a load of rubbish. I also spoke to the finance company whom were understanding until I told them I had stopped the direct debit. I also enquired as to the possibility of a new loan as soon as the insurance paid out, this was immediatley declined refused on the grounds that I had had several late payments 16 months ago when my business was forced to close through lack of cash flow( early credit crunch victim) So now through no fault of my own although my car was in tip top condition 1100pounds spent renewing all the brakes and suspension in last 5 weeks, I am left with no car no transport unable to get a new finance deal. all because some one blacked out and wrote my car off. great life isnt it. anyone got any good ideas. cheers saint

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Not sure if this will help, but did you have any personal injury when you had the accident?

A solicitor will likely act for you either on a 'no win no fee basis' or a legal expense insurance (through your comprehensive car insurance). The damages (compensation) is made of general damages (your personal inury) and special damages (financial loss, such as car hire, travel costs, wage loss (which have arisen directly from the accident/injuries). You could at least try and get some 'free advice from the solicitors. They should certainly not charge for the first interview.

It is best to get one recommended by someone than from the insurers direct. Some insurers have their own solicitor firms.

Even if you did not have any personal injury, your insurers should surely still be fighting on your behalf in the same capacity - i.e. the financial loss.

Hope it works out for you.

Hereabc

Hi thesaint0,

What on earth are your insurance company doing, if they don't pull their finger out ask for their complaints procedure.

It should be a simple task for your insurance company to deal with this matter, you should not be put through the hassle of phone calls etc.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

You could approach the other drivers insurance company. Although in cases involving a blackout-they almost always dispute liability until it is established that the blackout was the fault of their insured.

Furthermore if you were injured they may make a token gesture, known as a pre-med offer (its stops the need for medical examinations etc)

For whats it worth, for every day your without a vehicle, its worth approx £10 per day... I suggest you go back to your insurance company and ask for the other sides insurance details.

Get your car out of storage because for every day its in, your liable-harsh but thats the position.

Furthermore... if noones willing to give you a hire vehicle, you can getone of your own back-keep receipts etc keep costs to a minimum and then submit them to the other sides insurance company.

Some insurance companies are quite approachable when faced with the prospect of litigation and normally payout to see an end to a matter.

Good Luck