Insured but with wrong details need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I am insured on my car as second driver, I have 3 years foriegn driving licence on which i can drive for 1 year in uk , recently i got my UK licence as well. But i found out that my insurance details as second driver are wrong instead of foriegn driving licence its mentioned 3 years uk driving licence. I dont know much about insruance and my cousin (First driver) found the cover for me.I asked my cousin he said its insurance people's fault and they only asked only No of years hold driving licence. Now i want to sort it out and dont know if its possible or not . What is the best way to deal with it.

1) Don't drive until sorted

2) Hope you have a good answer as to why your cousin is first driver and you second on your car

3) Come clean with your insurers and tell them that the question was answered in good faith but that the details on the policy do not reflect the question asked or the answer given.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.