style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Have been rumaging round on this site for a while after getting a letter from a solicitors. couldnt really find a similar situation so im hoping you guys can help.

Basically 2 weeks ago i was riding my motorbike up to london and got caught up in the snow, nightmare. i was riding left of center in the right hand lane (left lane was non existant due to snow) doing no more than 10mph with a massive distance between me and the car in front. vis was very poor. a people carrier came up behind me and was making attempts to over take me at one point i lost him in my rearview mirror as i checked my blind spot he was trying to go around me i then had to move to avoid him as i did i lost the front of the bike and went down. he then hit me as he tried to brake in those conditions he just slid striaght.

all was fine exchanged details no damage to the front of his car and my screen just smashed with a few scratches. i didnt inform my insurance company as the hassle to claim of his insurance and having a non fault claim is not worth the £100 for a new screen.

i got a letter this morning from his solicitors saying he will be taking action for damages of whiplash and back pains. the reason was that i was driving recklessly (basically).

Not really sure where i stand now or what to do?

Any help would be great.

If he hit you from behind then he is at fault. You need to get your insurance company involved, and forward them the letter you received. You should have informed them immediately after the incident, so speak to them now and check they will still deal with it.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yep same advice, get your insurance involved as soon as possible, as has been said and every knows if someone hits you from behind, it's their fault.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool: