my insurance was expired , caught by PC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi I really need a help, what happened was my son die in the car accident in China and I went back to my country 7th of Jan to comfort my family,my insurance has expired in 4th of Feb , but i was in China so i don't really know my car was not insured . i come back yesterday drive the car to collect some stuff , but PC stop me and give me a ticket ask to paid the fine. however he told me if i can provide the insurance certificate cove me from the day my insurance expired i would not need to pay the fine. i called the insurance company but it can not renew it and only give me the new policy .. what can i do ? i do not wanna pay the fine and 6 points . because i really not aware my insurance has expired ..

please help ....

It's your own responsibility to ensure you're insured. I suggest you pay the fine and take the 6 points.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Can I suggest that you consult a Solicitor, they will be able to advise you on how to deal with the issue, there are mitigating circumstances.

Please accept my sympathy for your loss.

Regards

Andy

This is one of the few instances where one would be glad of autorenewal. policies can cover you for a short time after they expire if it can be shown that there is an intent to renew. However, I believe this is only a week or so.

You could contact your insurer and see if they should have automatically renewed it, but I can only repeat what Barracad has said.