Crash, advice needed!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st of all ive read through many posts using search button (even though am still a newbie!) and wanted some good advice if possible..

set off from a set of traffic lights on a round about with a transit van on the inside of me (left hand lane) and i wanted to go straight forward as it went onto a dual carriage way with 2 lanes exiting the roundabout.. i set off and as i indicated left to go up the slip (there was a road to the left before the exit which had traffic lights too but no exit off roundabout and dont know if he came thru on red as never noticed him when i was stopped at the lights)road the transit van decided to go past the exit to carry on round the roundabout at this point his wheel and bumper destroyed my door and wing and wheel, at aprox 15mph..i pulled over as did he and he was like are you ok, i said yeah but my car isnt, asked if any damage to his flat bedded transit and he said no just a mark on the bumper..i passed on my details as did he, now just recieved a letter from his insurance saying they want to get in touch with my insurers due to uninsured losses for him! this happend on the 21st jan and as he said he was fine and no damage iv made in roads into getting my car sorted privately as didnt want the hassle but now this. Any ideas on what happens now or what to say? thanks

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

just heard back from the insurance company saying it will probably be 50/50..im 3rd party fire and theft so what would i have to pay for if this is the case and what would i have to pay for if 100% my fault? thanks in advance

just heard back from the insurance company saying it will probably be 50/50..im 3rd party fire and theft so what would i have to pay for if this is the case and what would i have to pay for if 100% my fault? thanks in advance

If 50/50 is accepted by both insurance coys, then your company will pay out for 50% of the damage to the other vehicle. Roundabout accidents are notoriously hard to agree on so that's why 50/50 has been suggested. If you are 100% then obviously your company will pay out for the full outlay for the other vehicle. However, your premiums will be increased when they next come up for renewal but some companies do allow you to repay the outlay prior to that, to ensure that your premium stays at the lower rate.

Sounds as if you may have been in the wrong lane for proceeding straight so maybe a 50/50 is a good outcome.

Not to me! Sounds like the van was in the wrong lane for turning right!

I wouldn't accept 50/50

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.