Conflict of interest?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i had a rear end shunt back in July 08,the Driver of the other vehicle has admitted 100% liability, no problem there then, but my insurance company is the same one as his, so how then does my appointed solictor payed for by my insurance company act in my best intererest against the very company that pays her/his salary?:(

Your other thread, which is a repeat of this one, has been unapproved.

Please keep to one thread or people will not know where to post answers.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

There will be no conflict of interest, though it is a common question I had when I worked in insurance. Just treat yours and the third party's insurer as though they are separate companies. I know it sounds daft, but that's how it works. Insurers will have different departments dealing with the other person's insurer, and will behave in the same manner. I do have a few amusing anecdotes myself on this matter but I would digress too far. On saying that, there are times where the above situation is ignored.

I am confused however as to why they have appointed a solicitor. It sounds like the other party is disputing or there is another party involved (which is not indicated by your post). If liability is disputed, there certainly should be no need of solicitors - an exception I refer to above. But times may have changed since I last worked in insurance.

I would not worry though as to the conflict of interest part.