• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

perfect homes / bright house!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can somebody help me,

Up until now I have had a relatively good relationship with my local PerfectHomes store, that is until I got married and through admittedly my own fault through plain absentedmindedness forgot to pay !!( silly mare) before I went on my honeymoon My local store were very understanding in particular that because of adverse weather conditions we got stranded abroad for 24 hours and again when I returned to the UK was delayed in Manchester for a further length of time. I was grateful for their understanding and the fact that these delays had eaten into my funds and left me without means to pay what was 4 weeks payments. I offered a substantial amount , which they were quick enough to take from me saying that a manager from the finance company TEMPLE FINANCE would be in touch the next day to negotiate but he would likely want full payment, nearly £200 by the end of the week.

A Week later the said manager phoned up, I wont mention his name but his name sake is a professional footballer who has recently moved to Manchester Utd after a long spell feigning injury at Newcastle Utd!!. He instantly went into what sounded likje a well rehearsed and threatening 'were going to come and take all our property away' speech this was done at 100decibels. I am not easily intimidated but the tone in which he spoke to me made me feel like pondlife. I have always been a good customer and was prepared to make a deal as the reminder posted to me said I could do. Mr Scouse footballers namesake was having none of . I asked to speak to his manager, the person who he called BOSS!. To which I was told I AM THE BOSS! I WANT PAID UP TO DATE THIS WEEK OR I AM GOING TO SEND THE BOYS OUT FOR MY( Temple Finances) BELONGINGS!I told him he would get the equivalant of two weeks payment that week and he could like it or lump it, My hubby at this point who was listening to the conversation demanded I put the phone down because of how stressed the phone call was making me.

I phoned the customer service desk who rang me back 24 hrs later. I AM STILL WAITING for the regional manager for the Tyneside area ( thats not name dropping is it?) to call me to resolve this matter. I have however been receiving anonymous or should I say unnamed text messages on my phone form Temple Finance demanding i pay such and such PLEASE .This anonymity leaves me feeling threatened and my hubby has requested via the shop that they contact him in future due to my health.

It is a standing joke apparently at the shop the fact that I havnt resolved this issue. When my daughter goes into pay they openly in front of other customers refer to her as the good member of the family! In total my arrears are less than £50 I pay my weekly payment plus a minimum amount extra... until this company has the common decency to resolve this issue then I will continue to do this, some say Im cutting my nose off to spite my face but to me its principle?

Your comments would be gratefully received, I have threatened them (yes me) that as it appears my original complaint is escalating I would have to make my complaints public knowledge so there you go HERE IT IS!

Come on PerfectHomes, I havnt given my name but you should know who I am, or am I just one of many?

Edited by meffie

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody help me,

Up until now I have had a relatively good relationship with my local PerfectHomes store, that is until I got married and through admittedly my own fault through plain absentedmindedness forgot to pay !!( silly mare) before I went on my honeymoon My local store were very understanding in particular that because of adverse weather conditions we got stranded abroad for 24 hours and again when I returned to the UK was delayed in Manchester for a further length of time. I was grateful for their understanding and the fact that these delays had eaten into my funds and left me without means to pay what was 4 weeks payments. I offered a substantial amount , which they were quick enough to take from me saying that a manager from the finance company TEMPLE FINANCE would be in touch the next day to negotiate but he would likely want full payment, nearly £200 by the end of the week.

A Week later the said manager phoned up, I wont mention his name but his name sake is a professional footballer who has recently moved to Manchester Utd after a long spell feigning injury at Newcastle Utd!!. He instantly went into what sounded likje a well rehearsed and threatening 'were going to come and take all our property away' speech this was done at 100decibels. I am not easily intimidated but the tone in which he spoke to me made me feel like pondlife. I have always been a good customer and was prepared to make a deal as the reminder posted to me said I could do. Mr Scouse footballers namesake was having none of . I asked to speak to his manager, the person who he called BOSS!. To which I was told I AM THE BOSS! I WANT PAID UP TO DATE THIS WEEK OR I AM GOING TO SEND THE BOYS OUT FOR MY( Temple Finances) BELONGINGS!I told him he would get the equivalant of two weeks payment that week and he could like it or lump it, My hubby at this point who was listening to the conversation demanded I put the phone down because of how stressed the phone call was making me.

I phoned the customer service desk who rang me back 24 hrs later. I AM STILL WAITING for the regional manager for the Tyneside area ( thats not name dropping is it?) to call me to resolve this matter. I have however been receiving anonymous or should I say unnamed text messages on my phone form Temple Finance demanding i pay such and such PLEASE .This anonymity leaves me feeling threatened and my hubby has requested via the shop that they contact him in future due to my health.

It is a standing joke apparently at the shop the fact that I havnt resolved this issue. When my daughter goes into pay they openly in front of other customers refer to her as the good member of the family! In total my arrears are less than £50 I pay my weekly payment plus a minimum amount extra... until this company has the common decency to resolve this issue then I will continue to do this, some say Im cutting my nose off to spite my face but to me its principle?

Your comments would be gratefully received, I have threatened them (yes me) that as it appears my original complaint is escalating I would have to make my complaints public knowledge so there you go HERE IT IS!

Come on PerfectHomes, I havnt given my name but you should know who I am, or am I just one of many?

Hi Meffie

As far as the CAG site team is aware, no official representative for Perfect Home has registered here in order to answer any customer complaints about them... (of course, that doesn't mean Perfect Home don't read them, it just means they don't comment ;) ;) (and judging by the unusually high read count this particular thread has, it does make you wonder...)

As long as you are making all reasonable attempts to bring your account up to date, and you aren't DELIBERATELY withholding payment, you are doing the right thing.

If Perfect Home aren't happy with the way you are handling your account, then they must:

1 - Issue you with a default notice

2 - Give you an opportunity to put matters right (or come to an acceptable payment plan) - and they must give you at least fourteen days to do this

3 - Apply for, and have granted, a county court "return" order which forces YOU to return the goods to PERFECT HOME.

Now then, if you HAVE been making all reasonable attempts to bring your account up to date (and have kept the company informed of any problems you may have had) then a court would be unlikely to rule in favour of Perfect Home, and would order the company to agree to accept a "reasonable" amount on top of your regular payments to cover any accrued arrears.

The goods (although the absolute property of Perfect Home until your final payment) cannot be repossessed from your home without your consent, and no representative from Perfect Home has any implied (or otherwise) right of entry.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

1. HI i joined perfect homes in November 2009, i purchased a wide screen TV from them. since i joined them i have been a loyal customer, and have not missed a payment.. that was until 2 weeks into January this year. when i joined i signed a form allowing my local store to take my payment from my bank account every week. every thing seemed to be fine, until i got a phone call 4 days after my payment date informing me that my payment had been declined?? i stated there should not have been a reason why my payment should have been declined as i always make sure that i have the funds in my bank! i asked why i was only getting a phone call now 4 days after the day i usually pay on?? because as far as i was aware the payment had been taken. i was told the payment had not been taken and if i did not pay that week, i would incur a late payment charge of 3 pounds plus i would have to pay double the week after. i told them they where at fault, they know my payment day. so why was i only getting a phone call 4 days later demanding the payment? i asked them would they put the missed payment to the end of my agreement and i wanted the charge removed as it was unfair!! i was told in no uncertain terms that the answer was no!! and was basically threatened with the usual palaver that if i did not pay then the goods will be removed BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH!! the managers attitude was atrocious, which then got my back up. and believe me im not one to be intimidated!! after a few crossed words they finally agreed to take the late payment off (although i don't believe they really have!! its no doubt been put onto the end of my account some where!!) i then payed double the week after, i was not happy about this but to save myself upset i agreed.
  2. everything seemed fine after that, my payments where taken as usual every week from my bank.. until this week and AGAIN guess what happened!! yes exactly the same thing!! again a phone call 4 days later informing me that the payment had not been received. i again stated to them why am i only getting the phone call now and not on the day i usually pay?? i suppose i should have learnt from the 1st time and checked my account but i have various bills coming out on the same day and i pay for my shopping etc on my card, so i haven't noticed that they have not taken there payment.
  3. again i spoke to the same manager, again her attitude was atrocious!!:mad: i told them that this was out of order they cant keep doing this to me!! AGAIN!! they would not accept they where at fault and i have to pay double next week plus the LATE PAYMENT CHARGE!!! hmmm its making me wonder if they are doing this on purpose just so they can incur the late payment charges!!
  4. i rang head office to complain and also complain about the manager and her attitude!! i was told they would look into it and phone me back.. they did so this morning, and to cut a story short i am basically banging my head against a brick wall, they are causing me undue upset, it seems they couldn't give a toss, there policy is if u don't pay on time EVEN WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES AT FAULT!! then there employees can speak to you in any manner they want!!
  5. all in all i refuse to pay the late payment charge and refuse to pay double payment next week!! i have now decided that i will be phoning the store to make my payments, as i am not leaving it down to there COW BOY antics!! they are not reliable enough to make sure the payment is sorted on the day it should be!!
  6. any advice on this would be greatly appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

all this moanin about the likes of perfecthome and bright house, well heres how it is firstly when u enter a contract with these companies everything is explained to u about late payments, how much u will pay back etc, etc so the answer to all the moans and groans is easy simply pay on time like u agreed to when u signed up, if ur moaning about late charges u have no doubt gone late so stop moaning and pay up. i'm a customer with both and i dont go late i pay on time like i agreed to when i signed up.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me.

My mother has been a customer of perfecthome for a couple of years now, and the payments are crippling her, she purchased a bed and a washing machine from them at ridiculous amounts, which, of course was her mistake.

She needs these items and is on benefits, but i have noticed the amount she pays on their Optional Service Cover is almost half of the payments.

I always thought that with warrenties and cover there was a cancellation clause that could be put into affect, however, perfecthome have refused my many requests for a copy of the service agreement and my mother says she was never furnished with one.

I would appreciate any advice or comments from those who have either found out any information on this company, or have a copy of the agreement at all.

Ok I work for perfect home and have found this thread very interesting!

People can return things without financial penalty if they have coverplus as this gives you the 'right to return' whatever the reason!

If anyone wants to know anything about the contract/t&c's let me know. I work in sales for them so know the 'contract close' off by heart!!

Jen x

ps we're not THAT bad, we go through the contract with the customer BEFORE they sign. That's the way we're trained!!

If you have coverplus, then yes. When you take out your contract we go through a PowerPoint presentation called your contact close. On this, the features of coverplus are:

* maintenance cover for the length if the agreement (extended waranty)

*loan product should yours be sent for repair (doesn't include pcs, laptops and games consoles)

* right to return( provided the goods are in a decent condition)

hope this helps

Jen

x

• 1 month later...

Hi, Just wanted some advice on what rights i have with Perfect Homes. I am on a weekly payment contract with my local PH store and usually pay every tuesday at the store with cash. This week i was admitted to hospital and was unable to make my payment. I got a call today from a VERY arrogant salesman who demanded my payment immediatley. I informed him that due to me being in hospital since monday and having a major op whilst there i would be paying 2 weeks this week to bring my account up to date. I was told in no uncertain terms that this is breaking my contract and the collectors will be out today to collect my telly!! I was also told that i am actually £11 in credit and that could be knocked off my payment thus leaving £9 to pay! I was asked what has happened to OUR money from last week and was told that i CANNOT treat them like this!!:confused: I have made a payment on my mothers card but was wondering if this is normal practice and are they actually allowed to intimidate me like that? Any help would be appreciated! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Im having a stressful time with perfect homes, my father passed away and i had to help with funeral cost and was unable to pay perfect homes.I'm 4 weeks late and offered to pay them today £200 and pay the rest next tuesday. They said they couldn't take the payment they want £240 but I have no other funds. They have told me a man will come from temple finance and collect the goods.I have had a problem with them once before and did have the man from temple finance at my door he sat outside for 2hrs I spoke to him and he said he wanted the goods.I tried to ring head office but there is no land line only mobile numbers.So when i went out to the man in the van I asked him for a land line to speak to the manager of the finance company.He replied I am the boss and i want the goods so will you let me in.I refused entry and it became rather nasty.I did tell him that if he wanted to speak to my sociltor he was welcome to.He said he doesn't deal with socilors.I find them a nasty company (bully) with there threating behavour like nasty text messages demanding money on your door step coming everyday sometimes twice aday.Dont let them if you have paid over the amount they have to get a court order.I have 8 months left on mine and they are still coming to my door and texting me saying they are coming for goods.I just reply well I hope you have all the cash with you that I have paid.Enough is enough trying to scare people im now taking further action against them because its bad lending.I'm writing this message and guess whos at my door.

for a start by law, no one can sit outside your house, this in is breach of the harrassment laws, if they do it again, call the Police, Secondly I think that Perfect Homes are being completely out of order by treating you this way, I would suggest you get yourself to the Citizens Advice Bureau or see if you qualify for legal assistance to deal with these bully boys, Good Luck and my sincerest condolences for your loss.

Budsy welcome to the site.

Your story is very concerning.Lets see if we can help.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

• 3 weeks later...

i got a laptop from bh paid 5 weeks on it then became ill so funds are very tight i had every intention to pay for the laptop as im a manager for a well known supermarket but just couldnt afford to buy one out right and due to silly mistakes when i was 18 had bad credit these were my only option any way so now im only on sick pay i my account was a week behind i contacted the store and told the lady i would prob have the money next week to get it up to date week 2 came round i contacted the store again on the friday to say i would pay 3 weeks on the monday she point blank refused my payment saying im not making any commitments to you like i was some kind of ****? she told me to take the goods to the store and they would hold them until i got my account up to date, not a chance ive got a hip problem i couldnt it back so she said right ill send them round to pick it up on monday?????? thats the day i was going to pay anyway!! i must admit this got my back up as i was always under the impression they cant refuse payments from you, my neighbours then informed me of several calls to my house man in a white van, so i wait and they turn up when im in my dad being at my house too to witness everything that follows, firstly takes me a while to get to the door so the man starts hammering on my room window peering thru as i havent got to the door yet my dad tells me to go to the window as he will prob force his way in, this i do n he says im here to take ur laptop my reply is that its not here so then he says u better let me in now so i can search ur house and clarify that er not a chance well im ringing the police u will be arrested for theft and they will break in ur house and search for the goods, arrested for theft on what grounds? getting goods by deception erm i offered to pay ur member of staff refused my money. i also threw at him how can the police or him come into my home with no warrants or court orders his reply they are already on there way love so get ready! what a threat. not knowing wether he had rung the police or not and them being sat outside for 30mins i locked up my house i went to go out to which they pulled there van over my drive to block my car in so i walked off down the street to which they then followed me shouting at me youve got 24hours to get the laptop back and ill call the police off but i will be back at this time 2mo to which they did and sat outside for 45mins i just ignored the door n emailed there head office with these events and have asked them to take me to court for the goods now as i would gladly stand up in court and tell a judge just exactly how they bully and intimidate people even down to there own staff as my friend works there and they are trying to accuse her of giving me info as i KNEW too much too many ins and outs like she said they are just used to geting what they want by bullying people and scaring them er no im just not scared of the guys and they cant bully me as i bet they do many young women well not this one so im just waiting for a reply now wonder what will happen next?

Absolutely shocking.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

abj, Brighthouse, are NOT allowed to sit outside your house, they are also not allowed by law to prevent you gaining access to the road, and to verbally abuse and threaten you in the street is harrassment and they cannot do this to you, nor can they access your home without your permission unless they have a court order. I would strongly suiggest you make no delay in contacting the police.

my friend has told me that the 2 guys are on holiday for 2weeks hence why i havent seen them then, monday they are due back so lets see if head office have actioned my email or whether i just get these stalkers back at my door head office havent even replied to my email so im sending it again im guessing thier too ashamed to reply to me as i know i would be!!!

It is amazing this still goes on after being featured on panorama. It must still be condoned by head office. If i were you start recording your phone calls with the company and if you have any means to video record the drivers then do so. They need a court order to seize the goods i believe (correct me if i am wrong)so if they are there with out one then I would call to police and advise them you are being harassed. Find out who is giving them the order to be there with out the court order as they have to be made accountable.

It is amazing this still goes on after being featured on panorama. It must still be condoned by head office. If i were you start recording your phone calls with the company and if you have any means to video record the drivers then do so. They need a court order to seize the goods i believe (correct me if i am wrong)so if they are there with out one then I would call to police and advise them you are being harassed. Find out who is giving them the order to be there with out the court order as they have to be made accountable.

Correct - but not quite...

BrightHouse must apply to the courts for a "return order" (pretty much the same thing) and that orders YOU (the customer) to return (or make the items available to) BRIGHTHOUSE for collection. Even armed with a return order, no employee of BrightHouse has the rights to forcibly enter your home. (if you do not comply with a return order, you will be in contempt of court, and the court will deal how it sees fit.)

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

Lefty you are a legend thank you :D. Without the return order how can managers authorise sending drivers round to peoples houses without this order? Would this be classed as unlawful?

No. Simply sending a van round would not, necessarily be unlawful. BrightHouse may reposses their goods at any time WITH THE CUSTOMER'S WRITTEN CONSENT. But, as you describe the situation, it is definitely harrasment.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Written permission implies an arrangement has been made for the goods to be collected but oh so many times it just sounds like they come round out the blue expecting you to hand over the goods and if you don't stay there till you give in :(

PS I wish you could be outside every BH to provide people the FACTS of what they are getting themselves into, not to scare them off but educate people of there rights! Your a legend imo :)

well all ive had is a snotty letter telling me to get my account upto date now, ha what a laugh after u have put about 6 weeks worth of £3 charges you are now willing to take my money again i dont get it they refuse my money now they want it again confused but im waiting for them to turn up im not sure bout videoing them isnt that against the law?

Harrasment indeed!!

I had the same happen to me real bad harrasment even the Police were called.

I gathered good evidence and before you know it i recieved these letters from brighthouse wiping thousands of pounds from my account with them, Only had my account less than a few months!!!

Add insult to injury i also got them to replace the laptop charger to which i was given the wrong one and it blew up :(

So they decided instead of getting me a brand new one from there stock of thousands they went to argos and got me the same make and model.

This has probably been said a million times over record everything from calls inbound/outbound to visits can make life easier in the long run when these moraless alley cats start denying things. :?

Regards

Craig

th_brighthouse.jpg

th_brighthouseletter1.jpg

th_brighthouseletter2.jpg

Edited by craigbird

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks