Car Accident claim...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in June, I had a car accident which involved one other vehicle.

I had reversed out of my space in services car park onto the central reservation, where third party reversed out of her space into the drivers side of my vehicle straight on and dead centre of my vehicle.

Now, I'm being told that because I cannot prove that my car was stationary, the claim will be split 50-50%. I'm pretty fuming about this as im my eyes, third party would have been able to see my car in their passenger wing mirror, then in their interior mirror/out back window, then in all three rear view mirrors by the time I had come to the position where the impact happened.

Is there any way I can add to my case to make sure it goes my way? I've given photo's of the damage to my car, but no other real evidence of the accident.

What with the total damages (before personal injury/loss of work etc) came to around £1300, you can tell why I do not want to be accepting 50-50.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Sorry without a witness its simply your word against that of the other driver, it annoying a must happen to drivers on a daily basis.

I really can't see any way forward for you.

Regards

Andy

Usually, where there are no independent witnesses and both drivers blame the other it is settled on a 50/50 basis.

Unless the impact damage to your car can corroborate that the other party must have driven into you then there's not a lot you can do, if however it does support this then use that as the basis of your continued argument for 100% settlement

Mossy