Problems With Tesco Car Insurance; No Claims Discount

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been having terrible trouble trying to prove our ncd from a previous policy from anouther company. Sent numerous amounts of letters including details of our previous ncd and still keep getting letters threatning now they are going to cancel or have to charge us more money on the policy for the lack of ncd

Please Help its doing my head in!........... ant :s

Are they merely disregarding the letters or are they disputing them?

What NCB details have you sent to your new insurer?

Strictly speaking, it needs to be a confirmation letter issued by your last insurer after the expiry of your policy stating the number of years / percentage figure and confirming the policy expiry date. It should not be over 2 years old.

A renewal notice (typically issued 14 days before the expiry date) stating the number of years within the quote would not be good enough as proof of NCB.

Some insurers are happy to ring your previous insurance company to get confirmation but most insist on receiving it in writing.

If you have forwarded the correct document and they have lost it/ignored it, I would get onto their customer services manager pronto, give them a bollocking and tell them to sort it by phone if they have to. Your previous insurer may be reluctant to send another copy.

-->> Supporting Dog Rescue <<--

Well just been on the phone about 4 times today between working and finally sorted the issue, total cock up by tesco because they are totally incompetent of doing their job anouther happy day in crazy modern day living i guess!! thanks for all the advice .......... ant:)