CT arrears advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been unemployed for two years now, and have full CT and HB. I'm not sure of the full amount I owe of CT, but it's in the region of around £900. Before i was sacked, I had an AoE on my wages of £190 for the arrears, plus, I had to pay £70 a month to the years new CT. All in all, £260 just on CT from my £600 wages. I called them and asked if it was possible to reduce the AoE to around £80-£90, that way I could just about pay the CT for that year as well. They blatantly refused, said there was no way, even though I said it was unfair to take a third of my wages on 2 CT bills.

Anyway, once I was sacked, and it was a relief financially in a way, as I stated, I'm getting full CT benefit. Now, I don't want to get in the same position as I was when working when i get a new job. Is there any way I could get them to accept a lower payment of the outstanding amount, plus the new years CT?

Arguements sake, I pay them £70 a month for CT, plus £30 for the arrears, until they are paid off. Do you think that is reasonable? When I called them 2 years ago and put this to them, they woman said no chance. It has to all be paid off in a year, no exceptions. I don't want to go back to work, knowing I'm automatically £260 a month down already on CT.

Would the AoE I had automatically be started again if I started work, or does it go back to square one, with them sending me the bill, asking to pay it? I just want to be prepared for when I get back to work.

Edit:I think I may have posted this in the wrong place. Mods, feel free to move it, thanks.

The AOE can be re-issued any new employer as long as their is an outstanding balance on the associated liability order.

You can certainly offer the payment you suggest, it is the policy of the dept I work in not to issue a bailiff to a liable person in receipt of IS/JSA(IB)/ESA(IR) therefore any offer higher than that available by an attachment of benefits would be accepted (£3.05 p/w).