Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder loobyloo35 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

Default Mackenzie Hall - Money Shop Debt

Hi

I have an outstanding debt with The Money Shop for 620.00

I have been in contact recently with MH and I did set up a payment plan, however, I am not 100% sure that I have made any payments. In fact, I had a "online" chat with someone a few weeks ago and they confirmed that 5 has been paid off the debt.

I have sent a CCA Requesticon to this Company, payment yet to be presented - silly me I sent them a cheque payment!

I have today received another chaser letter wanting payment by noon 29th Jan 2009.

Now I have two questions:

1. Do I ignore this letter and wait to see if the CCA turns up?
    2. Do I contact The Money Shop and ask for them to withhold action even though The Money Shop do not know my confirmed address?
    3. Shall I send them another snot-o-gram?

I tried to talk to them via their online chat this morning, but because I wouldnt fill in the details and only completed the reference number he hung up the chat on me the to**er!!!

Jo

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2006
    I am in
    Doncaster

Default Re: Mackenzie Hall - Money Shop Debt

Quote Originally Posted by loobyloo35 View Post
    I have been in contact recently with MH and I did set up a payment plan...
    Ouch!
    Do I ignore this letter and wait to see if the CCA turns up?
    You should allow 12+2 days for them to comply with your CCA Requesticon and that is all - not 'see if it turns up'. If the time has expired, send them a copy of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post1840880
    ...he hung up the chat on me the to**er!!!
    What an accurate description of a Kilmarnock Kowboy!

Don't use the online chat or telephone, you want any discussion to be in black and white, so you prove what was said and when. DCAicon muppets are not known for being bright and could easily type into their system that you were going to pay 55, not 5. NEVER let them have bank account details or make payment via debit/credit card, they may forget the conversation and could make further debits a few days later... (note the use of their favourite words MAY and COULD!)

Quite simply, if they don't send the paperwork, send them maroondevo52's letter and that should be it.

The Money Shop wouldn't want to know, simple as that. They've passed on details of the alleged debt for collection and they'll just say its out of their hands.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star below to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.
    I've launched my CAG inspired site at http://hillards.webs.com/ for anyone who wants to know what the DCA's are really like, or what a CCA or SAR is... Lots of good reading!
    IMPORTANT: Take my advice on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, based upon knowledge gained. I am not a lawyer and have no legal standing
    Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

Yes, as soon as I met this site I realised I shouldnt have paid that 5 payment **slaps head**!!

Thanks for the advice, they have NEVER had my card or bank details that is one thing I know not to give to these idiots.

The funny thing was when this idiot stopped the online chat I registered again and got the same guy, had great pleasure in asking him he if was going to disconnect again and then called him an IDIOT before I hung up the chat! Had to be done i guess!

I am on countdown for the 12+2 days. I have a file with all my paperwork in and I need to sit down and sort it out so I can plan my next stage of attack!

Thanks for your help, have clicked your scales BTW!

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative alfwithhair Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Thanks for the advice, they have NEVER had my card or bank details that is one thing I know not to give to these idiots.
    They do now!!!!! You sent them a cheque you said.
    So they have all your bank details plus your signiture.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

Well that account is going to be closed, with Natwesticon. My account with HSBCicon is a new one and they NO details whatsoever and that is where my salary, tax credits get paid into.

Thought give them their due, NatWest are good at recalling payments if they haven't been made.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

I have today received a letter from Mackenzie Hall, returning my 1 payment and a letter saying....

We refer to your letrer dated 1/21/2009

We have contacted our client for a copy of your agreement and statement of your account.

Your account is currently on HOLD. Please be assures that no action will be taken against you.

Should we not receive the relevant proof from our client within 40 days we wil close your file and return to our client. Our client will then decide what step to take.

Right, what I now need to know is:-

1. Can they hold this for 40 days? Surely this should be the 12+2 days?

2. Would they have made a indent on my credit file and can I ask them to remove this?

3. Is there a follow up letter to their holding letter that I can send them?

Thanks J

Premium Royalties Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man Highly authoritative 42man's Avatar

Cagger since
    May 2007

I would await their next move, you COULD possibly send a SARicon or a CCA Requesticon to the original creditor to see what they come up with, until you fully establish IF they still hold a CCA for you...(have you checked your credit file ?)

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.
    Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.
    Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.
    If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ease-read.html
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards Authoritative hillards's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2006
    I am in
    Doncaster

I have today received a letter from Mackenzie Hall...
    They like making things up as they go along, hoping that you don't know the law. They have 12+2 days to comply with the CCA Requesticon. If they don't send it in that time then they fail. Simple.

If they cannot enforce the matter by way of a valid CCA then they have to close the file and remove any default from your credit file.

Their time is up soon, if you've heard nothing more by the end of this week there is a good letter to base your next move on at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post1840880

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star below to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.
    I've launched my CAG inspired site at http://hillards.webs.com/ for anyone who wants to know what the DCA's are really like, or what a CCA or SAR is... Lots of good reading!
    IMPORTANT: Take my advice on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, based upon knowledge gained. I am not a lawyer and have no legal standing
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    NailPost Informative NailPost Informative NailPost Informative NailPost Informative NailPost Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2006

They have 12 days - end of. The additional two days is not part of the statutory limit but to allow for the Royal Mail to deliver their letter to you. If they havern't posted it by working day 12 it ain't never going to happen.

So on 12days plus 2 you send them the letter syaing - you ain't got the paperwork, push off and don't bother me.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

I have today sent them the dispute letter, let's see what happens with that!

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

The 14 days in the dispute letter that I sent has now passed.

What is the next step? Do I ignore it or write again with another letter?

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

I have today received a letter saying they are closing their account and returning it to the original creditor.

Is there a letter I can send to MH to ensure they have not made a "stamp" on my credit file please?

Cagger since
    Dec 2008
    I am in
    Somewhere in the UK

1st crediticon are now chasing this - does that mean another CCA Requesticon or a different letter?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    NailPost Informative NailPost Informative NailPost Informative NailPost Informative NailPost Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2006

If MHall have failed to comply with a valid CCA Requesticon thn the matter is in dispute and should not have been passed to another collector to try their luck.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE