• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Speedup and Cleanup you PC for free.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4224 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a thread on here about how good Ccleaner is. It is one of the better programs for cleaning up, especially if you tick 'all' the boxes so it cleans out everything, you should include the 'Advanced' tick boxes as well.

This wont by itself make you pc run faster as other things are slowing it down, things that are using memory and some of the chip power, so to help with this, you need to stop these 'not required to be running' programs from starting up when you boot up your pc.

Click 'Start and then Run' (XP) or Start and type in the search box (Vista/Windows 7), msconfig, another box will open with tabs along the top.

Clcik on the 'Startup' tab and you will see all the programs that are running in the background and slowing you down. There are probably a lot of them.

Untick 'all' the boxes except your security/antivirus programs. This will stop the programs from starting when you switch on your pc.

Don't worry if your not sure if you need a program or not, if something doesn't start that you are using all the time, you can go back in and put the tick back in the box.

The startup don't actually run programs, it keeps them ticking over in the background (using memory) so they start faster. Any programs you want to run are still controlled by the icon on the desktop.

One of the worse offenders is Adobe reader, it's not required, it will still automatically start when you click on a PDF file to read, and the same goes with Adobe flashplayer.

When you have done that and clicked 'Apply', then click on the 'Services' tab. Down the bottom you will see a tick box marked 'Hide all Microsoft services, click that and all that will be left are the programs that start up with the system.

Again, untick all except any security programs.

Click OK and you will be asked to restart your computer.

When you are back up and running, run Ccleaner to get rid of all the junk cluttering up your temp file and search box of things you searched for years ago.

When you delete something, you don't actually get rid of it, it is usually just renamed so it looks as if it has gone, but it is still there on the hard drive waiting to be overwritten by some other data or program you download.

This is why the police take away computers for investigation from naughty people, the info is still on there and can be retrieved.

To get rid of all these deleted things, you need to erase them and this can be done by a program called Cyberscrub. This will erase your hard drive to military standard but will not touch any of the programs or files that you put on there, only the deleted stuff.

When you have done both of those things, run the disc defragmentation tool you have, (All programs/Accessories), which will tidy up your drive so windows can find data without having to search for it. Something like having all the library books in alphabetical order, makes it easy to find a book.

There are a lot of 'con' programs on the internet that pretend to do a scan but in fact add viruses or spyware to your computer, Spybot is one such program that has others copy it's name, but is not the 'real' Spybot which to give it it's full name is 'Spybot search and destroy' and only comes from Safernetworking.org.

You will see close copies of the name with things like - Spybot search-destroy, just subtle changes, but they fool a lot of people.

Cyberscrub is a paid for program, but it has a 15 day trial of the full program, plenty of time for you to run it a dozen times if you want to.

To make sure you have the correct programs, I have put links to them.

Ccleaner - CCleaner - Home

Cyberscrub - CyberScrub - Downloads (you want Privacy Suite)

Spybot - The home of Spybot-S&D!

Using these three programs is the next best thing to doing a clean reinstall of Windows.

Happy playing.

Conniff

Edited by Conniff

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wont touch anything that is required. It will even clean the spaces inbetween files and not touch the files or the system.

It does install a monitor for bad stuff that will be by your clock, but that can be switched off in the Startup tab as well if you don't want it.

If you click on the 'Erase previously "deleted" files beyond recovery, it will clear the entire disc of all the rubbish spread over it.

Again, it wont touch anything that is required, but this is a job to get it to do when you go to bed as it can take a while, especially if it is on a desktop with a 200 or 500 gig drive or if you have external drives you want cleaned up at the same time.

I suppose I had better add that I am nothing to do with Cyberscrub.

You will have entered you email address when you downloaded it, but they don't go chasing you to buy, all you will get over the two weeks are 6 tips for using the program.

Edited by Conniff

Feel left out now being an Apple Mac user and not suffering from such ailments. Useful info though.. wish i had been more 'clutter' aware when infected with (sorry, i mean using) windows machines.

I remember Spybot tho and it used to catch loads of nasties.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Feel left out now being an Apple Mac user and not suffering from such ailments. Useful info though.. wish i had been more 'clutter' aware when infected with (sorry, i mean using) windows machines.

I remember Spybot tho and it used to catch loads of nasties.

;) ;) One day Davey boy, one day ;) ;)

Yup, it has freed up A LOT of space. About 17GB - Wow. So much junk :D

Wow Conniff - that is fab. Easy to follow for us tech dunces and trustworthy. Definitely sticky material methinks

What no scales :(

cyberscrub costs £46:eek:

I know, that's why I only mentioned the free 15 day trial.

You can always tell when a program is good, they give a nice long trial knowing that once used you are very likely to purchase. I buckled and bought but it's worth it.

Many many thanks for the above posts, my PC has been a bit slow of late and I've run two of the above programs on it today, after using the msconfig program and it's a lot healthier.

I will continue to do this as part of my monthly cleanup. I download a lot of films from time to time and have learnt that a clean PC means viruses are less likely to attach themselves to me and the spam I recieve amounts to 1 or 2 per day.

I also automatically back up my PC when I have a big download session to get back to square one should I accidentally get a virus (only happened once so far and system restored in five minutes....)

Hey, an even better way of cleaning up your PC and speeding it up, is to remove Windows and use Ubuntu. You also have the added benefit of never having to install virus software (unless you are running an email server with Windows clients) or spyware software.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Very good Conniff,

I've done everything in *post 1* and this old steam powered PC is like new. No more annoying hour glass to watch for 10 mins while it starts up.

Very good post that really does work, stand by for a tickle :D, feet and all :D

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Likewise, in 2 days have done 1 desktop, and 4 laptops.

Fantastic thread, will find you and tickle you for sure!!

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

Sorry conniff, you may not like this-

I did what #1 says and I've had trouble ever since!

I keep getting my screen freezing up with the message 'programme not responding' about every hour of use. I then click through when able and put through to windows who say it is 'caused by them!'

I used to have this before but only rarely, now it is about 3 or 4 times a day. What have I done wrong? I followed exactly what to do. And I've not noticed any quicker surfing-just hassle!!!:mad: