Online Statements changing to cause charges

Dipply75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am fighting RBS (again lol) about their online statements. They state they are real time but they seem to be changing way after the business day is finished and causing charges to hit.

I check my statements online every day, usually more than once but something very strange has started happening. ie:

I made switch payments over a weekend and checked online on Monday morning to make sure I had them covered...they had come off and all ok. I check again that afternoon before going to the ATM to withdraw just £10...all ok. Except 3 weeks later I am hit with a £28 charge. Confused I have to trawl back through my statements and spot they now have me going overdrawn on that Monday. Never happened!

Their explanation is that a retailer can ask for his switch payment at any time of day, say 4pm, and the money can vanish from the account with no warning, not pending at all, and they amend the statement to fit this in. They could not explain how every other switch sits pendng on the account for a full day until it clears, or how it could suddenly vanish without going through any process at all. Demanded to see where it any of their literature is warns the customer that payments can be taken at any time of day and got my charge back.

Now here we go again (sorry for long story!) but:

Wed21st - I am speaking to customer relations who agree to refund chg, I ask her to confirm no other chgs pending. None except my monthly account chg due today.

Thats right methinks and checks in case I have to go put money in to cover it - no chg applied yet. I check again that afternoon, no chg applied yet. Balance a whole £0.84

Thurs 22nd - chg is pplied and puts me about £6 OD, i put money in right away to cover it. OK. My £28 not refunded yet but she did say 2 days.

Fri 23rd - its all changed again! Wed now shows as OD by £6 all day. Thurs shows my £28 CHG refunded. What the hell is going on?

And here's the killer - if I'd printed them off at the time I would have the proof but I didn't! They seem to be a whole day behind. I am printing off constantly now, I will catch them.

Anyone else had this problem?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I've had a similar experience with RBS in the past. I had a direct debit coming out of my account which I'd forgotten about. I remembered that day and my dad transferred money from his RBS account online, which is instant. When I got home from work that night I checked my account online and the money from dad was showing as being paid in, and the DD was also paid. This was a Thursday or Friday I think. I checked my account again after the weekend and to my horror and anger, I saw I had been charged for an unpaid DD and the deposit from my dad was dated three or so days later than it had actually gone in. They are a shower of ****e and change the goalposts all the time.