PPI on Land of Leather Sofas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya!!

I have posted about this in my debt collection industry post as i have also sent out some CCA requests etc - but the helpful people in that forum advised I have been mis sold PPI so I thought I may be able to get more relevant PPI advice in here?!?

Firstly - this debt is settled and the only reason it came up is because some of the lovely caggers thought i may have a claim for unfair charges. when i did a SARS request and posted the info they said i have been mis sold PPI too.

You will see that I actually paid back more than was due - this is because it went to court and had court fees added etc - but technically the debt was settled 21 months early & i have paid more than the amount due if it ran full term so i am sure i must have overpaid the interest (need to get this confirmed whether this is possible)

If i have been mis sold PPI would it all go under one claim - or would i have to deal with over payment of interest and PPI mis selling separately?

sars4copy1.jpg

Hello BB,

Don't know if you are aware of this

BBC NEWS | Business | Land of Leather in administration :rolleyes:

I have some experience of lol as I have been helping a friend with her claim,

LoL are not the more helpful to say the least:eek: They are denying profusely.

I do believe in these cases, which are complex to say the least.

These point of sale insurances, were applied by LOL for commission based payments from the Lender. Open and Direct.

Open and direct as you are aware have been taken over by Creation Finance:mad: who are they most sbstructive company I have ever had the misfortunate to deal with. They deny deny deny and are rather up their own botties.:roll:

You have to look further than just the mis-sold ppi they applied,

Commission based selling

Unenforcable credit agreement

Extortionate credit bargain ie interest of 29.9%

I have written a letter to creation finance regarding the credit agreement, which is very similiar to yours. Stating as Noonmill has advised, on your other thread, that the ca is in fact a Multiple agreement.

I have also demanded to know how much commission was paid to LOL at the point of sale. These companies have to take some responsibility regarding the mis-selling of ppi for a cash incentive:roll: They all had their finger in the pie. :evil:

Will let you know if I get a response, if I do:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello BB,

Don't know if you are aware of this

BBC NEWS | Business | Land of Leather in administration :rolleyes:

I have some experience of lol as I have been helping a friend with her claim,

LoL are not the more helpful to say the least:eek: They are denying profusely.

I do believe in these cases, which are complex to say the least.

These point of sale insurances, were applied by LOL for commission based payments from the Lender. Open and Direct.

Open and direct as you are aware have been taken over by Creation Finance:mad: who are they most sbstructive company I have ever had the misfortunate to deal with. They deny deny deny and are rather up their own botties.:roll:

You have to look further than just the mis-sold ppi they applied,

Commission based selling

Unenforcable credit agreement

Extortionate credit bargain ie interest of 29.9%

I have written a letter to creation finance regarding the credit agreement, which is very similiar to yours. Stating as Noonmill has advised, on your other thread, that the ca is in fact a Multiple agreement.

I have also demanded to know how much commission was paid to LOL at the point of sale. These companies have to take some responsibility regarding the mis-selling of ppi for a cash incentive:roll: They all had their finger in the pie. :evil:

Will let you know if I get a response, if I do:-D

well you'll be happy to hear hellhasnofury L.O.L. announced they are closing 33 of its 109 stores

Edited by davidg007

Lets get First Plus interest rates down

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/FirstplusInterestRates/

• 2 weeks later...

Im not happy to hear this if it means i cant claim!!

Will this effect me claiming from creations consumer finance who the credit agreement is with?

Also i want to claim the PPI but also the over charged interest based on i paid the loan off a year early but paid the interest for full term- anyone any idea how to work out what this would be? i presume quite a lot at this exchange rate!!

• 8 years later...

Hello there,

I am re opening this thread - as you can see I started it in 2009! I managed to clai back PPI from a nuber of other banks, but had no luck with creations and land of leather and gave up.

However, I am trying to give it another go using resolver. I am yet to mention the overpaid interest though.

Have there been any fresh cases/ stories concerning land of leather and creation?

I would love to hear how anyone got on in a similar situation!