• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

EGG Credit Card debt - moorcrofts nasty letters

cleo4patra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Egg have terminated my agreement - don't recall a default notice??

The last correspondence asked me for an income/expenditure form which I sent in.

Have arrears but husband now found work.

i CCa'd them and sent (I think enforceable agreement).

Have had awful letter from Moorcroft "pre-litigation dept" using words like "Bailiffs", "Charge on my property" etc. Threatening me with home visit etc.

I have written to Egg re income and expenditure etc but have only got till 9am on 16th (3 days time) to contact Moorcroft

and I don't know what to do??

Can I SAR Moorcroft or CCA them if I have already CCA's Egg?/

I will not telephone them - please help

moorcroft are a DCA they have NO LEGAL POWERS!!! ignore them

they can threaten what they like - theyhave NO TEETH!!

how old is the debt & when and what letters have been exchanged to/from Egg?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moorcroft are a DCA they have NO LEGAL POWERS!!! ignore them

they can threaten what they like - theyhave NO TEETH!!

how old is the debt & when and what letters have been exchanged to/from Egg?

dx

thanks

- have hd card since 2002

- agreement looks pretty in order.

Several letters have been sent from me

- they requested income and expenditure which I sent.

Have got several months arrears

- have managed to switch banks due to very bad charges and almost starved us to death.

Now got new bank with no charges and husband has found work.

Egg terminated but I don't think I have received a default notice.

I haven't sent dispute letter as I didn't think there was any point due to agreement being OK.

Haven't sard either.

I am in a panic about this!!

I have never said I won't pay but it has taken months for me to get it sorted.

Then my family needed me for personal reasons.

Hence bad arrears

Hi Cleo -- have Moorcroft purchased the debt, or is it still owned by Egg??

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi Babe

I am also new to this forum, and like you have 2 egg accounts that have been passed to these monkies. They do like thier red writing dont they. Anyway regarding the threat of visit they cannot enter your property or grounds without your permission. They have to have a court order to so so. There are letters on the site to send them. I probably am at the same stage as you. It would appear to me that early EGG agreements are a bit dodgy in that the agreements dont contain all the prescribed terms and conditions. If you cant find the thread for the visit then i will post it on here for you

Hi Babe

Anyway regarding the threat of visit they cannot enter your property or grounds without your permission. They have to have a court order to so so.

DCA's dont get court orders for this, it will be a bailiff.

a DCA CAN NEVER enter your property with or without a court order!

don't be hookwinked!

it would take a CCJ issued in your absence to even start this process!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Cleo -- have Moorcroft purchased the debt, or is it still owned by Egg??

I don't know, but letter from egg says

"your account will now be handled by an external debt collection agency who will contact you..."

How do i know if it has been sold??

I am worried as I need to get a letter off to them asap as they have only given me until 9am on Fri to contact them

- I refuse to phone them.

Have written to Egg expressing my disappointment and asked what was happenning with the Income & Exp form they had requested which I sent.

Also explained can't find default notice Please help!!

listen!

IGNORE THEM

they are a DCA they have NO LEGAL POWERS!!

they can DO NOTHING other than send threat-o-grams.

fire them off a CCA request with a £1 postal order

but DONT SIGN THE LETTER

then sit back and wait.

dx

ps have a read of this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/177430-defaults-my-credit-file.html#post1915814

and they

listen!

IGNORE THEM

they are a DCA they have NO LEGAL POWERS!!

they can DO NOTHING other than send threat-o-grams.

fire them off a CCA request with a £1 postal order

but DONT SIGN THE LETTER

then sit back and wait.

dx

ps have a read of this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/177430-defaults-my-credit-file.html#post1915814

Thanks - sorry to be so stupid but can I do that if I have already CCA'd EGG and they have sent me copy of an agreement??

Its the first time I have found myself this far down the line you see - they really spooked me!!

Hi Babe

I am also new to this forum, and like you have 2 egg accounts that have been passed to these monkies. They do like thier red writing dont they. Anyway regarding the threat of visit they cannot enter your property or grounds without your permission. They have to have a court order to so so. There are letters on the site to send them. I probably am at the same stage as you. It would appear to me that early EGG agreements are a bit dodgy in that the agreements dont contain all the prescribed terms and conditions. If you cant find the thread for the visit then i will post it on here for you

thanks - I have already copied and pasted doorstep calls into a letter to EGG today. Incidentally I don't know if anyone else finds this helpful but I save everything in my documents but also on a memory stick just in case

Completely ignore any deadlines Moorcroft give you - you are in charge of this - not them. It is a wonder they haven't sent you one of their pay-in books asking you to pay £50 per month as per your (non-existent) agreement with them. Follow Dx's good advice and don't worry about Moorcroft - they are all gob and trousers!

Completely ignore any deadlines Moorcroft give you - you are in charge of this - not them. It is a wonder they haven't sent you one of their pay-in books asking you to pay £50 per month as per your (non-existent) agreement with them. Follow Dx's good advice and don't worry about Moorcroft - they are all gob and trousers!

thanks so much for the support - its not that I don't take on board what people put on the forum but their letter really scared me. Its just the layout and wording of it. Is it worth SAR to EGG or Moorcroft?

Egg's agreements usually are enforceable but if you scan it onto(minus personal details) here we could have a look at it. That still leaves you in charge if it is. If you do have to pay Moorcroft, you decide how much - not them. They may humph about it but will accept it because they know no court would ask you to pay more than you can afford. So if it comes to having to pay it, you dictate the terms - not them.

thanks - I have already copied and pasted doorstep calls into a letter to EGG today. Incidentally I don't know if anyone else finds this helpful but I save everything in my documents but also on a memory stick just in case

i would not even bother wasting the paper,

its nothing to do with them. [egg]

and YES send a CCA off to the DCA

you should then get a notice of assignment which will prove egg sold the debt on

if so, then offer them about 20% of the debt as a settlement figure

if they haven't brought the debt, then its time to restart paying egg.

but i doubt hat.

WAIT for the outcome of the CCA to moorcroft before you do anything else, that will determine your next action.

dx

and they

I don't know, but letter from egg says "your account will now be handled by an external debt collection agency who will contact you..." How do i know if it has been sold??

I am worried as I need to get a letter off to them asap as they have only given me until 9am on Fri to contact them - I refuse to phone them. Have written to Egg expressing my disappointment and asked what was happenning with the Income & Exp form they had requested which I sent. Also explained can't find default notice Please help!!

It sounds like they've simply passed it on to Moorcroft to collect. I'm having an argument with Egg at the moment over their collections agent (Credit Solutions), who I am refusing to deal with. I've to Egg that I will pay them directly. They don't like it but I don't see what they can do about it.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

It sounds like they've simply passed it on to Moorcroft to collect. I'm having an argument with Egg at the moment over their collections agent (Credit Solutions), who I am refusing to deal with. I've to Egg that I will pay them directly. They don't like it but I don't see what they can do about it.

Regards.

Fred

Well - we meet again!!! I told EGG that in my letter as well. I will CCA Moorcroft and take it from there - this site is so good

• 7 months later...

Regards.

Fred

I am now COMPLETELY confused.

Wrote to EGG pointing out what I believe to be unenforceable as per PT's thread.

Then all of a sudden I received a payment book in the post for £50.00 per month with a letter saying they agreed to my offer of £50.00 per month??????

I didn't do anything

- then got a letter from M oorcrcroft asking me what documentation I would be relying on should legal proceedings commence.

Then received a letter from Capquest???????

I wrote back saying i intended to pay 50.00 per month to Moorcroft as I could not cope with the stress and was feeling harrassed.

I asked for the notice of assignment - Capquest wrote back sayin they were managing the account now

and any notice of assignment would have to come from EGG.

Haven't had opportunity to rite back (last few days) and today received a letter from Friedrickson for the same debt????

I thought it unlawful to have more than one DCA chasing a debt

- any ideas?????

I need help to sort this out please.

Had EGG card with arrears and wrote for payment plan - no response.

They sent default notice and then demanded full balance.

I CCA'd - it is the same type of agreement as in PT's thread about Eghg agreements - I wrote claiming unenforceable for that and also there being no rate for cash advances.

They passed onto Moorcroft - I CCA'd them - then just after PTs thread appeared out of the blue they wrote "accepting my offer" (I hadn't sent an offer) of £50.00 per month with no interest or charges.

I was deliberating for a while about this and wrote tto them claimin unenforceability - then at the same time as I sent the standing order form to Moorcroft (sick of the stress so decided to pay) I received a payment demand from Capquest . I wrote explaining had replied to Moorcroft with standing order form. Capquest then wrote back saying they were now dealing with it and any payment should be sent to them also they said Egg would have the notice of assignement I had requested.

Whilst deliberating the next few day what to reply to Capwquest I have now received a payment demand from Friedrickson?????? I am bewildered. I don't really want to pay as I feel the agreement is unenfprceable but am so stressed by all opf these different DCA's I don't know what to do - any suggestions??? thanks cleo

trying to trick you into paying 'something'

what you need to be aware of is that although an unenforcable CCA means they cannot demand payment, nor should they fwd on the debt [but ofcourse this happens , 'cause they dont tell the dca that they sell it to that or they wouldn't pay to buy it!] , it does not actually mean the debt is written off - only that, at present until a valid cca appears - it is unenforcable in a court of law.

you are in a strong position to offer a very low F&F to close the matter, but i'd do that to the OC NOT a DCA.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...
trying to trick you into paying 'something'

what you need to be aware of is that although an unenforcable CCA means they cannot demand payment, nor should they fwd on the debt [but ofcourse this happens , 'cause they dont tell the dca that they sell it to that or they wouldn't pay to buy it!] , it does not actually mean the debt is written off - only that, at present until a valid cca appears - it is unenforcable in a court of law.

you are in a strong position to offer a very low F&F to close the matter, but i'd do that to the OC NOT a DCA.

dx

Even more confused - have received a letter from Friedricksons asking for a proof of payment ie a giro slip etc???? I still don't know who I am supposed to be paying

Even more confused - have received a letter from Friedricksons asking for a proof of payment ie a giro slip etc???? I still don't know who I am supposed to be paying

Can you post 2 documents on this thread.

1. The agreement that you received from Egg in response to your CCA request.

2. The Default Notice from Egg.

Remove any personal details before posting.

People will then be able to advise better.

Can you post 2 documents on this thread.

1. The agreement that you received from Egg in response to your CCA request.

2. The Default Notice from Egg.

Remove any personal details before posting.

People will then be able to advise better.

yes I will do it later today (got into a right pickle last time - left my address on!!)