Claim against the council for damage to wheel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in August of this year I made a claim against the council for damage to my alloy wheel. The damage was caused by a rather large pot hole that I took pictures of after inspecting the damage caused. Under normal circumstances I’d not have even bothered with such action, but after taking the wheel to my local garage I was quoted £600 for a replacement as the wheel was damaged on the outer rim and buckled.

I sent my claim into the council and they passed things on to Zurich. I have today received a reply from Zurich denying any liability and I feel this is just wrong.

The reply:

***The site of the accident is subject to inspection by council employees, and at the time of the last inspection prior to the accident, the defect was not apparent. It would therefore seem that the defect developed between the time of the last inspection on 23rd April and the date of the accident (YOU DON’T SAY…….)

Based on the information we have, we do not consider there is any legal liability for this accident. Therefore, we deny liability on behalf of our customer***

I don’t want to get my insurance involved as you can imagine, but this just doesn’t seem right. They filled the hole in a month after my claim was submitted, which in my book says they’re liable.

Can anyone advised on what I should do next please, if anything.

Thanks