Can't get a parking permit!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I’m currently driving my brother car as he has been banned from driving until September.

The car is on finance so he can’t sell it and as he doesn’t want it to be sitting on the drive rotting I have been added as a named driver on the policy.

I currently live in Hammersmith and am having difficulty getting a parking permit – the council require proof of address, a driving license and proof the car is mine.

Now obviously I have 2 out of the 3 but I can’t prove the car is mine as its not, it’s my brothers and we don’t want to change me to being the registered keeper as it will a] lower the value having as it will have loads of previous owners (he's had it since new) and b] the finance company probably won’t allow it!

I have argued with Hammersmith council but they said the only option is to put £15 a day into the meter on the street!

Anyone got any suggestions? Renting a private parking spot is likely to cost £1000 per year and £15 a day on my street is nearly 4k a year!

I wouldn’t mind but there is hardly anyone who parks in our street – I’ve never seen it full so its not as if there is a demand for the spaces, why do they make it so hard…its got to be better to have £100 off me for a permit than be £100 down and have another empty space?

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

one reason i'd concider leaving London - its silly prices i just dont see hwo its doing them any favours...simple, they either give me one and get £100 or i give the car back and they dont get £100.

i can live without the car but its usfull to have and much cheaper than a train when visiting my family around the country...

...its a completly free car oher that fuel and parking so its a shame :(

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!