Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

BAILIFFS - The Law and Your Rights

Written by John Kruse, one of the leading experts on Bailiff Law, this consumer friendly guide is essential reading for anyone who comes into contact with a bailiff.

The book is easy to understand and clearly explains the rights a bailiff has, and also what they cannot do when collecting debts and repossessing goods etc.

£13.95 + £2.00 (P&P)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Default Re: Scottish Law - Parking on Private Land

Basic Account Holder Fright-Flight-Fight Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

ok dokey

Vehicles Fee Paying Enquiry Section
    DVLA
    Swansea
    SA99 1AJ

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

That FAQ is out of date as the BPA CoP has changed insomuch as it no longer states

"2. Keeper/driver liability
    2.1 Changes to Code of Practice - Part 2 Parking Tickets
    The paragraph 36) C) – xviii (parking ticketicon Issue - page 10) will be amended to read:
    “What will happen next if no payment or challenge is received within the time(s) allowed and any further charges that may be accrued, e.g. “the name and address of the registered keeper of the vehicle will be requested from the DVLA and a request will be sent to the keeper asking for the name and address of the driver at the time the charge was incurred””.
    2.2 The paragraph 67) A) (Enforcement Action on outstanding parking tickets – Notice to Owner - page 13); this “letter to the owner” should make no reference to asking for payment but should specifically point out the details of the contravention and request that the owner furnish the details of the driver at the time the charge was incurred.
    The question now is did Town & City get the Registered Keepers details by electronic access or manually.

I don't think I can make a complaint unless I know so will browse around to see if there is a method to obtain that info from the DVLA.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative lamma Highly informative

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Sorry lamma you've been most helpful and patient but I'm still finding it difficult to navigate the info.

It's really a point of principle for me that Private Companies may obtain my personal private details without any evidence yet joe public does not have the same rights.

Thanks again

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Notice received from a company requesting payment of 70 i.e. 60 + adminicon Fee. The Notice or invoice does give all the details that Town & City omitted in their Notice to Owner.

I had to search on the web to find out who they are .. Debt Recovery Agents & Sherifs Officers. Might get my day in court after all

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative Al27 Highly informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2008

I wouldn't count on it

Usual debt collectoricon letter full of silly threats.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

For Info

*debt collectoricon INVOICE REMOVED*

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

LEGAL EAGLES AND INFORMED FOLKS: Could you proof read and give advice prior to posting please

Vehicles Fee Paying Enquiry Section
    DVLA
    Swansea
    SA99 1AJ

RE: Release of Information Request V888/2

Dear Sir/Madam

This letter requests no personal information and as such should not be interpreted as a Subject access requesticon therefore no fee is due however if necessary I will serve a Subject access requesticon subject to your response to this letter.

DVLA records will clearly detail that I am the Registered Keeper of Vehicle Reg. Number: XXXX XXX.

On the XX March 2009 I received an Invoice for an alleged parking chargeicon Notice (pcnicon) issued on XX Dec 2008 by PPC purported I assume against my vehicle for some form of contravention or infraction. A copy has been enclosed which will be discussed in detail later.

After further investigation and due diligence it’s clear that the DVLA released my personal details to this Private Company for a fee in the form of a V888/2 request! As such I request DVLA furnish me with any and all information related to this V888/2 request by (PPC) including but not limited to evidence of Contract/Agreement between Town & City Parking Ltd and the Landowner.

The DVLA has a duty to protect my private information and not simply disclose to Private Entities for a fee on the basis of good faith!

Please refer to the photocopy Invoice from PPC which demonstrates they are members of British Parking Association (BPA). DVLA have deemed BPA an Accredited Trade Association (ATA). All BPA members must adhere to the BPA’s Code of Practice and be party to the BPA Approved Operator Scheme (AOS).

“All BPA members who are involved in car parking enforcement on private land must become a member of the BPA’s Approved Operator Scheme. The primary focus of the scheme is to ensure that all operators wishing to electronically access the DVLA’s vehicle keepers’ details database are a regulated member of an Accredited Trade Association (ATA).” Direct quote from BPA Code of Practice!

I will make the assumption (as I am not an expert) that the invoice (the only correspondence ever received from this company) is deemed a Notice to Owner as such it clearly violates the BPA’s Code of Practice.

NOTICE TO OWNER (As detailed in the BPA Code of Practice section (67) Part A)

"A Notice to Owner may be sent to the registered keeper at the address provided by the DVLA, not less than 28 days after the Parking Ticket was issued. This Notice to Owner must state the following:"
    • That a Parking Ticket was fixed to the vehicle and has not been paid;
    • That the opportunity to pay a discounted amount has been lost;
    • The details of the alleged contravention;
    • The location, date and time;
    • The vehicle’s registration mark, make and (optionally) colour;
    • The description of the alleged contravention;

When serving a Notice to Owner, Operators must include a leaflet advising motorists of the ‘reasonable cause’ for the request and the complaints procedure by which keepers can notify the Information Commissioner and DVLA if they believe their data has been used inappropriately. This should also include the disputes resolution procedure if the ticket is challenged.

All the above items in RED were clearly omitted from the PPC Invoice. This Invoice is in dispute!

I look forward to your response and investigation of PPC as they are clearly violating BPA’s Code of Practice and indeed DVLA’s Accredited Trade Association Scheme.

Yours

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

v888/2 not a v888/3

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Ta but ...

How to request information from DVLA records

• the V888 - for members of the public
    • the V888/2 - for companies (all circumstances, except where a penalty charge notice is issued)
    • the V888/3 - for companies (only if the keeper details are required to issue a penalty charge notice or reminder)
    Explain please

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

V888/3 exists for use by companies who issue on behalf of councils. ONLY councils can issue Penalty Charge Notices.

PPCs use V888/2, trust me on this.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Cool .. I did trust you incidentally and printed the letter with the 2 ... justw anted to know why

Thanks again mate .. will update thread for posterity in due course.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

PARKING charge notice (PPC) v PENALTY charge notice (Official body) .. cheers once again forgot the difference but panicked and checked my letter to DVLA

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Update

*2ND debt collectoricon INVIOCE REMOVED*

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Update: No further correspondence in 17 days.

No reply from DVLA either.

Looks like PPC's etc do read this forum LOL

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

FINAL DEMAND

*FINAL DEMAND debt collectoricon INVOICE REMOVED*

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Prawns25 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2008

“NO FURTHER INTIMATION WILL BE GIVEN”
    Intimation- A slight suggestion or vague understanding?
    Do they mean INTIMIDATION? the act of intimidating a weaker person to make them do something.
    That will be good then!

Gold Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Download our toolbar
    crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative crem Highly informative

Cagger since
    Jun 2008

lol Prawns25, I thought it said INTIMIDATION when I first read it too.

Cagger since
    Dec 2008

Getting ready for Court

Nice of them to tell me I'll be liable for any costs ... *ahem*
    Thanks

Follows
    Following

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE