style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently noticed a water mark on the down stairs toilet ceiling its virtually on the light fitting which is directly below my ensuite shower and toilet.

As im not sure where the water is coming from or the extent of the damage, i feel it will cost alot of money discover its origin and repair, ie removing shower, toilet, tiles and replacing etc...... and even if i did find it i am not suitably qualified to fix the problem.

Is it possible to make a claim under these circumstances?

I have buildings and contents insurance which were arranged as part of my mortgage with Northern Rock.

Secondly while im thinking about it, my patio doors are leaking water into my front room and going under my flooring when it rains. Also the gas has gone also leaving the glass misty at all times. I have checked with nhbc to check if they are covered, i was 1st told by nhbc they were not covered due to the claim amounting to less than £900. I then got a quote to replace the doors which was in excess of the £900 amount and called nhbc back they then said they do not cover patio doors or windows.

Is the information i have been given by nhbc true and right?

would i be able to claim for new doors on my home insurance, does anyone know?

Many thanks and kind regards in advance.

Dan.

I had exactly the same shower problem a few years ago, and thought it was going to cost a fortune to fix.

However, when I removed the side panel of the shower tray, all that needed doing was the tightening up of a drainage pipe fitting, which had worked loose.

It may be worth checking this first before you call anyone out. Once the leak is fixed you can properly assess any other damage after things have dried out.

to gain required sufficient access to the underneath of my shower unit i would have to literally remove the whole shower unit.

i have already removed the panel which is at the bottom but there is a wooden frame which the shower stands on stopping access to the pipes. i can just about see the pipes using a torch but am unable to locate any water leaking. i have even tried posting toilet tissue into the gaps to see what gets wet after having a shower with no success.

i feel like i should probably just ask the insurance company if i can claim but i to get my facts straight before approaching them so i dont just get fobbed off.

thanks for the response and advice much appreciated.

Danny.