NPower - Any good?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a couple of salesmen at my door at the weekend and I signed up to switchover to NPower.

I am currently with Scottish Power & British Gas both prepayment meters. The salesmen obviously promised extreme savings but I'd like to ask of opinions with anyone who is/has subscribed with NPower.

I am in Scotland.

Cheers!

Hi NaeClue. I don't know about Scotland but here Npower have got to be one of the worst companies I have dealt with. We were on a pre-payment meter (was already installed when we moved in). They never sent anyone around to read it and we got a bill as the meter hadn't been adjusted accordingly. Their customer service is abysmal one person tells you one thing- someone else tells you another. We also had our gas supply with them. We have a 3 bed house with gas boiler, central heating and a gas hob. We had no fire for over 1 year. I was paying £100 pm which increased to £125, when I left they sent me a bill for £800 go figure:confused: Even one of their "sorry your leaving team" told me that there is no way I could use this much gas in a 3 bed property but I am still stuck with the bill which they have passed to a debt collection co!!

Sorry if I have put you on a downer:D more people may have had a nicer experience than me but I don't know of any. If you do a search on NPower on this forum, you may find your answers!! Good luck- you will need it!!

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Hi FedUp! Cheers for your reply!

I think you are confirming what I have read and feared!

Looks like I'll be phoning them to cancel before the 14 day cooling period expires!

Many thanks!

If your in scotland your best staying with scottish power (unless prices are hughly different) Scotland is way too vast for any of the other providers to set up their own dcs/mops, having to rely on scottish powers terrible dc/mop (if scottish powers just as crap in its own patch i suggest moving to a different area of the country if your electricity providers that important!)

We were assured we would only be billed what we used each month but they are a bunch of rip-off merchants. Bills started at £36 a month and went up to £186 a month. We even got a bill for £186 when the house was empty for two months. Phoned them up and they said they would send proof that we had used that much energy that month and they just resent all the previous bills. I paid what I thought was a very reasonable amount each month and left. Been chasing me for 6 months. They got my mobile and (inaccurate) forwarding address from my landlord, probably in exchange for not cutting off the supply.